Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags was very good last night. was proud of him. As Davek says, he's very much a 'last ditch defender', but out of two centre backs, one should be. :)

.......disagree with the 'he's definitely not a captain' quote. Captain's don't have to be shouting and in your face. Brian Labone and Kevin Ratcliffe were not that type. I think Jagielka is a top pro and I get the impression he's respected at both club and international level. I suspect he's the type who has a real influence, when he talks people listen. He's also a fine ambassador for our club in the way he behaves on and off the pitch.
They were organisers. Besides that, if you're in a team full of captains as Ratcliffe defo was, then the necessity for verbally geeing people up isn't there so much.

Wasn't Kane picking up Pelle and then just let him go?
No. This shows that Jagielka had Pelle to mark; got touch tight, then lost him when he drifted into a space...possibly Jagielka shifted out to play Pelle offside and it backfired.

No. This shows that Jagielka had Pelle to mark; got touch tight, then lost him when he drifted into a space...possibly Jagielka shifted out to play Pelle offside and it backfired.

EDIT: sorry beg your pardon it was Kane who had him and then drifted out.

He was spot on last night Jagielka, looked like he had been 12 rounds with Ivan Drago by the end like!

Back to his 'old self' a bit lately, maybe the blame he got for Stevie G's assist to Suarez in the WC affected him more than I thought it would at the time.

Yet again he was brilliant today.

Not quite sure how anyone can contemplate binning him off from the first team. He and Stones are an excellent partnership.

And also, how many more games is he going to lead us through performing like this before the daft shouts of "he isn't captain material" are deservedly dismissed?

Yet again he was brilliant today.

Not quite sure how anyone can contemplate binning him off from the first team. He and Stones are an excellent partnership.

And also, how many more games is he going to lead us through performing like this before the daft shouts of "he isn't captain material" are deservedly dismissed?

Hes a terrible Captain IMO.

But hes a superb player.

Status
Not open for further replies.