Personal Everton Good News Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the user name give it away?

If you need any advice just ask. Spurs vs Chelsea is one of the few games these days that can get a bit 'lively' so be aware.

Where are you staying? I can give you all the best travel routes.
I’ll come back to you. Been travelling the last 24 hours and just got to Amsterdam. Will definitely reach out to you for route suggestions though

A certain 1980's EFC legend lives in Perth, one of his late kids :( went to the same school as my mate's wee ones. My offer of help was not entirely altruistic, I'll be heading Perth and may need pointing in the direction of some Blue-friendly pubs/places to watch the game (Mate is a red from Wigan, unfortunately)
Mick Lyons? My partners mum is really good friends with him but he’s not doing too well these days it’s alzheimers and the like. They think it was from heading the ball

Mick Lyons? My partners mum is really good friends with him but he’s not doing too well these days it’s alzheimers and the like. They think it was from heading the ball
Mike Lyons was my Sunday League manager when i was a youngster called Malpas named after the road he lived in , in Croxteth Liverpool 11

I thought I would share a personal, Everton related, positive news story after what was another [Poor language removed] derby result.

I am born and bred in Perth, Australia and in my early 30’s. During my childhood, I spent a lot of time living/staying with my grandparents, who had a lovely couple next door of a similar age. As a kid, I became particularly close with the lady, who was a scouser who had moved across to Australia. She was Everton mad, so at around 4 years old I had my first exposure to them. As I continued to grow up, and became more and more interested in football, I would spend more time at her house watching games or discussing Everton/the premier league.

As I became older, in to my teens, my grandparents had moved and I no longer saw her, but I continued to proudly claim my Everton allegiance. At school in Australia, it was usually Chelsea or Manchester United, so there wasn’t much love for the toffees until Cahill joined. It was harder to watch games at this point, I wasn’t old enough to make the money to pay for the paytv for the games, and they weren’t easily available in Australia at the time. I had to do my best to keep up with things online.

2008/2009, in my final years of school, is when I would say I first started watching every game. With school they weren’t always live, but I wouldn’t miss a game. I’d seen plenty of Everton games prior, but this stage of the Moyes area is when I became 100% invested. I was working, could afford to pay for games or was old enough to find them online, and this became a big passion. I’d say since that stage, there’d be less than 10-15 games I hadn’t seen, whether that be staying up to 1am, 3am whatever was required!

Good news time. Now in my early 30s, I am finally going to see Everton for the first time. I fly out from Australia today, see a few other countries across Europe, before heading in to Liverpool. I am watching Everton vs Burnley, Everton vs Brighton and then heading to London for Palace vs Everton. I thought, knowing Everton, be best to get tickets to a few games to ensure I could see a win! I almost came out previously if we had made the final, when we had the 2 legged League Cup tie against City and were robbed when Sterling crossed the ball from about 2metres out. Wasn’t to be.

I legitimately haven’t been this excited about anything in who knows how long. I have that same giddy, excited feeling you’d have as a kid the night before Christmas or something like that where you want to go to bed early to make it come sooner but you lay there wide awake. I can’t wait to see Crosby beach, Finch Farm, The Titanic where the new signing photos leaked photos always are, the new stadium. I’ve had some health struggles over the last 10 years, but always said to myself I couldn’t die happy until I’ve seen Everton. Now that looks like it’s becoming a reality.

Long winded, personal info dump, but I’m just so excited I had to share it somewhere. Cheers all
Fantastic stuff mate!

You will love every minute of it.

I thought I would share a personal, Everton related, positive news story after what was another [Poor language removed] derby result.

I am born and bred in Perth, Australia and in my early 30’s. During my childhood, I spent a lot of time living/staying with my grandparents, who had a lovely couple next door of a similar age. As a kid, I became particularly close with the lady, who was a scouser who had moved across to Australia. She was Everton mad, so at around 4 years old I had my first exposure to them. As I continued to grow up, and became more and more interested in football, I would spend more time at her house watching games or discussing Everton/the premier league.

As I became older, in to my teens, my grandparents had moved and I no longer saw her, but I continued to proudly claim my Everton allegiance. At school in Australia, it was usually Chelsea or Manchester United, so there wasn’t much love for the toffees until Cahill joined. It was harder to watch games at this point, I wasn’t old enough to make the money to pay for the paytv for the games, and they weren’t easily available in Australia at the time. I had to do my best to keep up with things online.

2008/2009, in my final years of school, is when I would say I first started watching every game. With school they weren’t always live, but I wouldn’t miss a game. I’d seen plenty of Everton games prior, but this stage of the Moyes area is when I became 100% invested. I was working, could afford to pay for games or was old enough to find them online, and this became a big passion. I’d say since that stage, there’d be less than 10-15 games I hadn’t seen, whether that be staying up to 1am, 3am whatever was required!

Good news time. Now in my early 30s, I am finally going to see Everton for the first time. I fly out from Australia today, see a few other countries across Europe, before heading in to Liverpool. I am watching Everton vs Burnley, Everton vs Brighton and then heading to London for Palace vs Everton. I thought, knowing Everton, be best to get tickets to a few games to ensure I could see a win! I almost came out previously if we had made the final, when we had the 2 legged League Cup tie against City and were robbed when Sterling crossed the ball from about 2metres out. Wasn’t to be.

I legitimately haven’t been this excited about anything in who knows how long. I have that same giddy, excited feeling you’d have as a kid the night before Christmas or something like that where you want to go to bed early to make it come sooner but you lay there wide awake. I can’t wait to see Crosby beach, Finch Farm, The Titanic where the new signing photos leaked photos always are, the new stadium. I’ve had some health struggles over the last 10 years, but always said to myself I couldn’t die happy until I’ve seen Everton. Now that looks like it’s becoming a reality.

Long winded, personal info dump, but I’m just so excited I had to share it somewhere. Cheers all

Great post…..

Status
Not open for further replies.