Paul Scholes officially starts the season with signature bad tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Whenever the 37-year-old does retire (for real), Man United should bring him back for the first match of each season and instead of a first kick, have him delight the crowd with a ceremonial two-footed tackle on an unsuspecting opponent."

Hahaha

Haha, when I view this thread the advert under the OP says "Criminally assaulted? Get the compensation you deserve".

If Gibson was Suarez he'd have gone down claiming a broken leg and the red card should have been out of the referee's pocket quicker than a flash of lightning. I think our players are too honest, but it was refreshing to see Gibson get up and accept the apology, plus we didn't need the extra man. They could have had 13 players last night and we'd still have won.

True, but I think the referee has a smashing game and, aside from giving Scholes too much benefit of the doubt / being too lenient on Scholesy the referee was fantastic.

No one has mentioned the pen we should have had when feli was GBH by a defender two arm grab & bundled to the ground in the first half !!!
Yet aftermatch AF is whining for a pen on Welbeck from jags which was outside the area anyway!

Not a fan of Mariner but last night he put on a reffing display that was very professional, booked Nani and then Scholes early and set the tone for the game that he'd accept no nonsense. Vidic knew what he had done to Coleman which is why he was laughing and smiling expecting a card, it was toward the end of the game and to not upset the balance I think Mariner was right to let it go with just another free kick.
But that is the point, how many games have been ruined by bad reffing - free kicks not given, midfielders taking the law into their own hands because refs arent protecting anyone, shirt pulling, rolling around on the deck, surrounding the ref and crying for decisions (Carragher-disease). Last night there was none of it.
A very strong performance and he did himself and his fellow refs proud. More of the same please. 9/10.

Have to wonder if they have a history. I mean, I know Scholes sucks at tackling, but you look at the time on the clock and where the tackle occurred...

I was watching the match with my Brother last night and we saw Scholes' tackling he said to me "it's like when you have a really old car and you are exempt from road tax, when you have a really old man utd player, they exempt from red cards"

I have seen this with old players before though, they are all "matey" with the ref's before the game, send them Christmas cards, ask about the wife and kids, and subsequently don't get sent off.

Status
Not open for further replies.