Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if or what he may have said to him. If the lad was just being boisterous he should have accepted that and just carried on walking.
If he said anything out of order then i get the kicking out
looks like he was giving him the ol' Nescafe handshake Gareth Hunt style right in his kisser tbf.....

Absurd from him of course, he can't react like that when he's a manager. But at the same time I hope there's not an overreaction from the media or club. Give him a fine and move on. And I'd welcome if it started a conversation about pitch invasions, especially after what happened to Billy Sharp. I loved the scenes at the end today and might have been out there myself if I'd been at Goodison, but it really can't continue. It only takes one idiot to ruin something, and I'd hate to see a bad injury or dangerous stampede.

I'd have had more sympathy for Vieira if he had punched the fan. Kicking him looks well wild, though.

No way do you lash out like that because someone has got in your face a little. 9.5 / 10 times a man walks away from that.

....... but now i want to know what was said by the lad. For Vieira to react in that way, there is more to just getting in his face with his phone.

No way do you lash out like that because someone has got in your face a little. 9.5 / 10 times a man walks away from that.

....... but now i want to know what was said by the lad. For Vieira to react in that way, there is more to just getting in his face with his phone.
Viera is the most red carded player in PL history for a reason. He is just a t***

I'd have enjoyed Viera kicking him into the stands.

I don't mind pitch invasions, have enjoyed them immensely in the past. Less immensely when I fell onto my face hurdling the hoarding at a Rochdale preseason game.

But why can't people just be happy and celebrate? What had Viera or Palace possibly done to invite hostility and aggression?

These idiots have ruined it for the vast majority of good people just wanting to enjoy a celebration. After the Forest incident and this the book will be thrown at clubs next season.

5Live is going all in on this already tonight, the game has already been forgotten and it's all about the scenes afterwards.

This is the point. Viera completely vulnerable there. There needs to be a discussion about the return of pitch invasions in general - I mean I don’t recall seeing so many matches interrupted by people running on the pitch as I have this season (post 80s, I mean)
I reckon there is a link between this type of thing and how the country is being ran.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.