Match Thread Palace V Everton 13/4/16 KO 8pm

What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the idea was to bring in Niasse to give Rom a rest. This isn't gonna happen but you're right we need Rom firing on all cylinders against United. He needs a rest.
you would think so wouldn't you?

A lot of things don't make sense this season anymore, tbh i'm not really suprised buying our joint third highest signing and never playing him isn't a shock to me....

it is like how many mistakes can Martinez make before he is sacked? Playing player in position you dropped him for not being able to play box got ticked last night at least. same as how to defend a lead with 10 men, 4 games too late.

though we defended commendably at the end, if that was a half decent team we were playing we would have lost.
you would think so wouldn't you?

A lot of things don't make sense this season anymore, tbh i'm not really suprised buying our joint third highest signing and never playing him isn't a shock to me....

it is like how many mistakes can Martinez make before he is sacked? Playing player in position you dropped him for not being able to play box got ticked last night at least. same as how to defend a lead with 10 men, 4 games too late.

.....without wanting to kick a man when he's down I did think the substitution of Lennon with Oviedo was odd. I was happy we reverted to two strict banks of four after the sending off but with Lennon we still had pace to break and offer an attacking option. Indeed, we actually looked a real threat when down to 10 men.

The introduction of Oviedo invited Palace on and we had no real out ball. Lennon might have tired but Deulofeu is ideal in counter attack and is also aware of his defensive responsibility. The change worked out but perhaps we could've pinched a win with a different option.

.....without wanting to kick a man when he's down I did think the substitution of Lennon with Oviedo was odd. I was happy we reverted to two strict banks of four after the sending off but with Lennon we still had pace to break and offer an attacking option. Indeed, we actually looked a real threat when down to 10 men.

The introduction of Oviedo invited Palace on and we had no real out ball. Lennon might have tired but Deulofeu is ideal in counter attack and is also aware of his defensive responsibility. The change worked out but perhaps we could've pinched a win with a different option.

And Mirallas got just the last 5 minutes , as if RM decided we could snatch something? In which case, give him longer?

Reality check - taking aside an unacceptable league position and the manager rightly under pressure yesterday's performance in context with nearly all the 2nd half with 10 men was a point gained - what did you expect? A positive being character shown they didn't down simply lie down. Some comments on here would make you believe we got battered. We didn't and battled well.

I thought that. I was pleased to see the back of Lennon. His pace tracking Zaha made Zaha almost completely ineffective. For the first ten minutes after the sending off you battered us.

I thought that. I was pleased to see the back of Lennon. His pace tracking Zaha made Zaha almost completely ineffective. For the first ten minutes after the sending off you battered us.
upload_2016-4-14_23-10-58.png
;)

Top pic. My favourite AW moment in a Palace shirt was an FA Cup 5th round win at Chelsea in 76. A Peter Taylor free kick puts us 3-2 up and as the ball hits the back of the net and comes out Alan is there to gleefully smash it back in in celebration.
(He did also miss the openist of open goals in stoppage time at Aldershot in 75, a game we lost- I try not to think about it)

Status
Not open for further replies.