Match Thread Palace V Everton 13/4/16 KO 8pm

What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ianefc

Player Valuation: £70m
I'm sure a more thorough match thread will be created. But just thread for a bit of pre-match chat about the game tomorrow.

I think the only purpose of the next few league games is to gain some sort of momentum, when you put the metaphorical hand-brake on at this time of the season it isn't easy to get going again and we need to be up to speed for Wembley.

We have a decent record at Selhurst park, including winning there last season. Weirdly they have a brilliant record at Goodison.

I think the injury to Barkley may give the lad a rest which could prove to be vital over the next few games. Jagielka isn't fit to return to training until next Monday at best.

One thing riding on this is that a win would put a Palace team, who've only won once this calendar year, above us (Sake Martinez) so we don't want that, at the same time a win takes us to 11th and relieve a bit of pressure on the manager going into the weekend.

From the Palace POV they seem to have problems scoring, with a real lack of quality in the striking department, this despite having some really exciting wingers, who have done for us in the past. Martinez will need to make sure our full backs are fully aware of the threat Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon will pose.

An early goal for us is important as Palace will snide the evening out if need be, where's an early goal for them could leave us massively open to the counter.

We don't lose to often away from home so a nice little confidence booster will do tomorrow blues.

Finally, almost all Evertonians know its always nice to get one over that smug tit Pardew.

COYB!!!

Fully expected to beat Watford comfortably, think we will get beat 3-1 tomorrow if Bolasie plays, walked around doing whatever he liked at Goodison. I think first goal will decide who wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.