Our worst Premier League XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Niasse is a truly atrocious player technically, like genuinely it is confusing how someone could think he could handle PL level matches, but he did score 8 goals in about 1000 minutes in a season which is way better than countless other strikers we have. I really think even a spot on the bench is harsh.
For me it’s what he represents - cluelessness, Martinez, simply not being good enough which is at total odds with NSNO. He’s hardly kept his nose clean in his personal life either but that’s another matter.

Gylfi Sigurdsson 1-11. Caio Bella
Rather than worst, I would say he’s one of the most disappointing players. Perhaps that’s an idea for another thread?

Most disappointing XI.

Worse I've seen play matches
Turner
Martina Williams Alcraraz Garbutt
Anichibie(played wide right) Klassen, Clevery, Kone (played wide left)
Sandro Niasse

Off the top of my head...

GK: Iain Turner
DR: Tony Thomas
DC: Li Weifeng
DC: Alcaraz
DL: Martina
MR: Peter Degn
MC: Mitch Ward
MC: Danny Williamson
ML: Stephen Hughes
SC: Brett Angell
SC: Stuart Barlow

If you bear in mind Tosun’s 30 million price tag and Sandro’s 120K a week wages. Pound for pound they’re 2 of the worst players to ever play in the PL for any club. Never looked convincing in any shape or form from day 1

If you bear in mind Tosun’s 30 million price tag and Sandro’s 120K a week wages. Pound for pound they’re 2 of the worst players to ever play in the PL for any club. Never looked convincing in any shape or form from day 1
I was just going on talent tbh

Thinking of it in terms of players that seriously look like they've been plucked out of the crowd to play it has to be Sandro. Everything about him looked useless, at least other terrible players you can find at least 1 half decent thing they can do, cuco put a few decent crosses in for example.

Alcaraz has to be in there somewhere. Met Alan Hanson and he warned before we signed him that he was the worst defender he had ever seen baring none in the prem. He was right.

Having Gazza in that midfield is a complete joke, given some of the crap we have had, he should be nowhere near this team. Some alternatives, Alex Nyarko, Stephen Hughes, Simon Davies, Tobias Linderoth or mitch ward.
Also I don't feel Niasse is worthy of a place, he has scored goals for us and got us out of some tight spots. Some would say his winning goal against Liverpool for Hull makes him one of our best buys and well worth £14m. I would offer up in replacement; Ibrahima Bakayoko or John spencer

Thought Linderoth was steady enough for us. Not brilliant, but shouldn't be near a worst XI for us considering the rubbish we've had over the years

GK Jason Kearton
RB Paul Holmes
LB Cuco Martina
CB Per Kroldrup
CB Antolin Alcaraz
RW Mitch Ward
LW Peter Degn
CM Claus Thomsen
CM Simon Davies
CF Brett Angell
CF Stuart Barlow

I could probably do a second worst eleven considering some of the poor players we've been lumbered with in recent decades.

Klaassen has to be in there, one of the only players in our history to do absolutely nothing for us. The Straq was a terrible player but even he still scored.

Any team has to have Siggurdson and Schneiderlin in midfield. In fact I’d probably go with the poster who put Siggurdson from 1-11.

Inspired by the best-of thread and for a bit of a laugh.

Plenty of absolutely sickeningly horrific footballers to choose from. Many because they simply lacked any ounce of talent, others because they were washed-up and well past their sell-by date, and others who cost a bomb and delivered nothing.

Without putting too much thought into it (it's late) and trying to use a blend of the above criteria...

Espen Baardsen

Peter Degn - Per Kroldrup - Antolin Alcaraz - Cuco Martina

Yannick Bolasie - Claus Thompsen - Andy van der Meyde

Paul Gascoigne

Stewart Barlow - Brett Angell
Subs:
Sander Westerveld (humiliating)
Ashley Williams (in his final season)
Li Weifeng (forced on us by Kejian)
Oumar Niasse (couldn't even give him away)
Sandro Ramirez (see above)
David Ginola (five years earlier maybe..)
Marc Hottinger (just remember him being awful basically).

Over to you lot.

Gascoigne? Had some very good games for us and did enough that the papers were talking of a shock England recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.