Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 153 27.7%

• Total voters
Our next manager has for me some simple things that they need to be capable of doing.
1. Having more than Plan A
2. Realising that they don't have the skills to coach every position on the pitch and bring coaches in that are the best available for those positions.
3. Realise the need to defend set pieces.
4. Not have favourites.
5. Maybe not grade players because they can run around a lot.
6. Don't be afraid to play youth as experience isn't everything especially if you're 39.
7. Not be one of our previous managers.

I'm sure there's more but thats a pretty basic list for a manager at our level.

The job he's done with Huddersfield is nothing but magnificent. West Brom was a mess before him as well.
This, besides a couple of loans he got the same team as Bruce had when we were 23rd in Championship , We would have been happy to have had a mid table position at the end of this season with the average players we got but we been in 5th spot for 20 weeks. Only criticism we got is that he works them to death in training and they usually have to work 6/7 days a week so can look sluggish at times.
But: keep your bloody hands off!! 😆 🤣

Our next manager has for me some simple things that they need to be capable of doing.
2. Realising that they don't have the skills to coach every position on the pitch and bring coaches in that are the best available for those positions.
4. Not have favourites.
6. Don't be afraid to play youth as experience isn't everything especially if you're 39.

It seems basic but it rules out about 99% of managers some of those things apply to almost every manager in the world.

4. Not have favourites.

Can I also put in a special request for not having the coaching team made up entirely of your old housemates?

It seems basic but it rules out about 99% of managers some of those things apply to almost every manager in the world.
Why do they though? Like you say my list is pretty basic and shouldn't cause any football manager problems if they're of the right calibre.

Why do they though? Like you say my list is pretty basic and shouldn't cause any football manager problems if they're of the right calibre.
Lots of managers only have a plan A for a start in fact some of them will brag about that and say plan B is just to do plan A better and they won't change that. Pretty much every manager in the world has favourites and it makes sense that they do as well because they value certain things and those players have them. Every manager values running in the modern game. Most managers will pick proven quality ahead of risking a young player UNLESS that young player is seen as a future superstar. When things are going bad at even the top clubs you will hear those same criticisms of the manager from fans exactly because they are so basic.

But we won't get a
This, besides a couple of loans he got the same team as Bruce had when we were 23rd in Championship , We would have been happy to have had a mid table position at the end of this season with the average players we got but we been in 5th spot for 20 weeks. Only criticism we got is that he works them to death in training and they usually have to work 6/7 days a week so can look sluggish at times.
But: keep your bloody hands off!! 😆 🤣
I seriously doubt he'd be interested. I think Brentford could sack Frank at the end of the season and they'd look at Corberan. Fits their bill imo.

Can I also put in a special request for not having the coaching team made up entirely of your old housemates?
If i hear or read one more slimy interview about there living environment and how they like to pop out down the pub I'll scream!

Its creepy and childish! Grow up and live in your own house! Your not at Uni