Our Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanishfootball

Player Valuation: £25k
Don't know if anyone agrees with me but people seem to be panicking over the fact that our loan signings will be parting ways at the end of the season leaving us with problems. I don't see it like that. For instance, Barry will most likely sign permanently next year on a free, Deulofeu is no way good enough for Barcelona's first team and it's in their best interests if he stays with us for one or two more years anyway. As for Lukaku, for me, at times he has been poor. His hold up play is terrible and his decision making is awful sometimes. Despite that - it's not really a criticism as he's 19-20 years old and I see that's how Mourinho views this as well and it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea sign a galactico next season leaving us with Lukaku for one more year. Lukaku has goals in him and that's all I care about but Chelsea will want his allround play to improve with us.

The Lukaku view maybe optimistic but if he can fire us into Europe it's a great season and we apparently still have Fellaini money spare to strengthen anyway. For me, this seasons success up to now is McCarthy who has been immense and our general superb football Martinez has us playing regardless of the loanees. We would still be playing great football even if we didn't have Deulofeu and Lukaku.

I think you're being too dismissive of the impact of Lukaku personally. Without him up front we wouldn't have the confidence to attack with a focal point that the team believes will convert chances and hold up the ball.

We may well keep Barry

Deulofeu will be up to Barca. If he's not going to get much football thre next season, we might keep him for another year.

Lukaku in all likelihood won't be here next season. If he's not part of Mourinho's plans after this season, Chelsea will probably sell him. We couldn't afford him. If they chose to loan him out again next season, we might be in with a shot of keeping him but I find that an unlikely prospect.

Don't know if anyone agrees with me but people seem to be panicking over the fact that our loan signings will be parting ways at the end of the season leaving us with problems. I don't see it like that. For instance, Barry will most likely sign permanently next year on a free, Deulofeu is no way good enough for Barcelona's first team and it's in their best interests if he stays with us for one or two more years anyway. As for Lukaku, for me, at times he has been poor. His hold up play is terrible and his decision making is awful sometimes. Despite that - it's not really a criticism as he's 19-20 years old and I see that's how Mourinho views this as well and it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea sign a galactico next season leaving us with Lukaku for one more year. Lukaku has goals in him and that's all I care about but Chelsea will want his allround play to improve with us.

The Lukaku view maybe optimistic but if he can fire us into Europe it's a great season and we apparently still have Fellaini money spare to strengthen anyway. For me, this seasons success up to now is McCarthy who has been immense and our general superb football Martinez has us playing regardless of the loanees. We would still be playing great football even if we didn't have Deulofeu and Lukaku.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Lukaku. He scores goals and menaces defenders.

Overall though - good post.

I think you're being too dismissive of the impact of Lukaku personally. Without him up front we wouldn't have the confidence to attack with a focal point that the team believes will convert chances and hold up the ball.

Not so sure.

I've said before but whilst he is an improvement on Jelavic and Kone, I'd argue that the new central midfield of Barry, McCarthy and Barkley has been far more influential on our improved style of play and ability to control the game. I like Lukaku and I'd love to keep him, but I don't think he's been as influential as people make out. There are big holes in his game and I do wonder if we'd be better off with a more technically accomplished striker.

Still, he's very good and a lot better than our other options.

I just think the better view of it will be Can we continue to get good loans after this year. Clearly this is going to be the way forward for the club rather than spending money on actual contracted players so if we can sign 3 loans a year who can improve the team then we may as well. However at what point do the teams who have the players we want see us as too big a threat to loan to? For example the thought of Lukaku coming back is all well and good but if we have a great season, the feeling may be, well if we send him there then we could be challenged league position wise.

My reservation is no matter how good these young players are for us, they are nowhere near the finished article and how can we realistically improve our team? A plan like this will result in every team we loan from getting back players who will take them above us in the league in theory. Imagine Lukaku scoring the winner against us next year?

If Lukaku draws their best defender, then he's done a good shift IMHO. Scoring is then a bonus.

Exactly this. All of our attacking work basically arrives from midfield with the cutting inside forwards in Mirallas/Pienaar and the overlapping wing backs.

Whilst I'm a fan of Jelavic, I'm not so sure he'd fit this system at all as his game is about playing off the last man - what we need is a forward who pulls a centre-half out of position and disorientates the system, leaving gaps to expose.

Christ Tubey...

He's good at what he's good at, but unfortunately those qualities haven't been what the system at Everton have required under both managers.

It's too easy to dismiss him as a bad player but that isn't correct. As I say, I'm a fan but I'll acknowledge that it's best for all parties if he moves on. He'd suit a system with a high line pressure based possession game that uses an attacking midfielder as the focal point of the attack, with Jelavic used as a traditional poacher. In short, he'd be suited to a continental game. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him move to Italy or France.

Exactly this. All of our attacking work basically arrives from midfield with the cutting inside forwards in Mirallas/Pienaar and the overlapping wing backs.

Whilst I'm a fan of Jelavic, I'm not so sure he'd fit this system at all as his game is about playing off the last man - what we need is a forward who pulls a centre-half out of position and disorientates the system, leaving gaps to expose.

Agreed. Lukaku's movement & intelligent run making unsettles defenders, as he's constantly drifting across the line, rather than remaining static. He'll drop off into the hole one minute & then be off the shoulder of the CB the next.

Whilst I'm a fan of Jelavic, I'm not so sure he'd fit this system at all as his game is about playing off the last man ....

It's too easy to dismiss him as a bad player but that isn't correct.

Yes, and whilst playing a system he's unsuited to, its almost like he's shocked to have the ball in a goalscoring position...at least, that's what it looks like from afar.

Makes sense to me why he's so off the boil now.

Deulofeu very well may be back on loan again next year if Barca doesn't have a roster spot for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barry signs with us after his contract expires next year.

I don't think Lukaku will be back, but honestly out of the three he's probably the one I'm worried about losing the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.