Our Home Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
I am really concerned that despite a hugely talented squad our home record of late is pathetically average.

This season we have won 1 of 4 in the league and conceded 8 goals in the process.

Last season we won 7 of 19 games at Goodison.

What do you put this down to? For me it's a combination of:

• Tim Howard
  • Two defensive midfielders against the lesser sides
  • Lack of positive substitutions/tactics when drawing late on
  • Reluctance to play two upfront
Discuss

I am really concerned that despite a hugely talented squad our home record of late is pathetically average.

This season we have won 1 of 4 in the league and conceded 8 goals in the process.

• Tim Howard
Discuss

Lack of any creative midfielder in starting 11s at home. Players being played out of position. Treating the first half of most games like a training exercise. A completely unbalanced midfield pairing which does not have the ability to orchestrate attacks. Unfair rotation of wide players in form for out of position midfielders or strikers, unfair refusal to change any of the back 7 regardless of form or fitness. Clear lack of coordination on defensive set pieces. And yes, Tim Howard.

If you cant build your home ground as a fortress then you are in for a long season. Away points in the league these days are a bonus given the players acquired by TV money. If you have 19 league games in which you lose two of them to say Chelsea and City, draw with Liverpool, spurs and Arsenal then win 14 of the rest, you give yourself a decent sum of 45 points. Then results from say the bottom 10 teams is another 30 points, 75 points is usually a top four place, bit optimistic I know but its possible.

This season we have but we failed to beat some serious dross at GP last term.

The wide players have not been utilised anywhere near well enough. Kevin Mirallas needs to be re-introduced asap.

• Tim Howard
Discuss

Supporters getting on the lads for every mistake instead of being positive.

This season we have but we failed to beat some serious dross at GP last term.

The wide players have not been utilised anywhere near well enough. Kevin Mirallas needs to be re-introduced asap.

I'm fine with Lennon for matches where we need his work rate, determination, etc defensively early until we can being Kev on late. For games where we should be able to outscore the opposition we need Mirallas in there from the start.

One thing's for sure, Naismith should never see the pitch out wide again.

fig,heather_grey,mens,ffffff.2.jpg

The main thing for me is the lack of collective pressing when the opposition have the ball. In Martinez' first season we pressed all over the pitch from the first whistle to the last, we just don't do it on a consistent basis now, thus allowing the opposition to get a firm foothold in the game.

Supporters getting on the lads for every mistake instead of being positive.

Supporters have done this for years, hardly just started doing it in the last season. Not as though the team were doing well but we had an overly negative crowd. The crowd was behind the team last season until about the new year when it became clear that the players were not bothered and that the manager would not be changing anything to arrest an alarming slump in form. Instead Martinez and Howard basically told us to pipe down. Then the real negativity came pouring down and lo and behold results improved. The fans are not the reason for that woeful home record.

Status
Not open for further replies.