Our Goodison Photographs

Great photos, again. One thing to notice is the roof of the Gwladys Street. It is just metal and corrugated plastic. The whole of the roof of the new stadium will have layer after layer of noise insulation. It'll be a lot thicker, probably a metre or so. Anybody know? In any case, just imagine how loud the crowd will sound in full voice. Any noise generated is staying inside the stadium, not going up into the heavens. It will be deafening.

IMG_5279.jpeg

Great photo. I would love to see a CGI of that in all of its splendour. Must have been amazing. Anybody else notice the OXO advert next to the church? Can't make the others out. Possibly Colman's mustard? Wouldn't that be apt?
I think I read Bovril were our 1st paying sponsors in a very lucrative deal for the blues as it was a famous drink - drunk back then by all fans in every football ground.

Younger fans will not realise back then when the Gwladys street
terraces filled up behind the main goal at least 1/2 a. Jour before kick off - to start chanting the catalogue of songs p,us the away end fans would fil the goal area end to reply etc - then 10 minutes before kick off the ale House fans would enter pushing in which started the crowd swaying ...
Plus the main upright post a fan in the Gwladys street centre orchestrated the singing -
Both ends of Goodison behind the goal stepped up to wooden floors - which made the mouse even greater with the stamping of feet..
Great days at Goodison
Was the fella leading the singing called Fozzy or Foz?

Great days!