Our Goodison Photographs

1707738359596.png

Remember seeing this image. Was it the 6-0 win over Chelsea in '78(ish). Proper Street end atmosphere.
Younger fans will not realise back then when the Gwladys street
terraces filled up behind the main goal at least 1/2 a. Jour before kick off - to start chanting the catalogue of songs p,us the away end fans would fil the goal area end to reply etc - then 10 minutes before kick off the ale House fans would enter pushing in which started the crowd swaying ...
Plus the main upright post a fan in the Gwladys street centre orchestrated the singing -
Both ends of Goodison behind the goal stepped up to wooden floors - which made the mouse even greater with the stamping of feet..
Great days at Goodison

Great thread this one. Really enjoying the photos.That said, maybe we need to post some of around Goodison, pre-match pint, chippies etc to capture the full atmosphere for posterity.

The other thing, we need to do is photograph the concourse areas underneath the stands. If for no other reason, future generations will at least be able to understand why moving was an absolute necessity, given how decrepit the facilities are.

Great thread this one. Really enjoying the photos.That said, maybe we need to post some of around Goodison, pre-match pint, chippies etc to capture the full atmosphere for posterity.

The other thing, we need to do is photograph the concourse areas underneath the stands. If for no other reason, future generations will at least be able to understand why moving was an absolute necessity, given how decrepit the facilities are.
Touches a nerve your post.
I left the game against Newcastle last year when their third went in. So convinced was I that this was going to be my last game never to return because of our performances I recorded myself as I walked under the empty Street End concourse out into Gwladys Street. It was dark, drizzled with the Toon supporters in full voice. Daft thing is I'd already renewed my season ticket for this season so deleted the video as it obviously wasn't going to be my last.
Next season at Goodison will be photos every game..

I'd like to see a full exhaustive photo documentation of Goodison. Kind of like how they've preserved the wreck of the Titanic in 3-D.

She's a tired old stadium and it's so sad we are likely to see her out without a fancy trophy 🏆 to proudly display in her.

But by Christ...

She's an absolutely beautiful palace