Our Fans

Best Fans or not? Be honest

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marsh

Player Valuation: £50m
Just wondered if any of you agree, that our fans are very poor, meaning singing, standing and supporting the team. Alot of people are biased and say we are the best fans in the world and all that, we are not at all.

Goodison used to be one of the worse grounds 2 visit for opposing fans and players due to our great, hostile atmosphere. Now away fans treat it like a walk in the park and take the mik out of us! ( its like a library!! We forgot that you were here!! and all that being sung with basically no response) its not on, we need goodison 2 be rockin once again and for away games, too stand and sing for the full 90 not sit down and sing when we r playing well or winning, get behind them know matter what win lose or draw.

You are saying we are crap? Outside now sunshine for a good kicking.

Our fans have been a reactive bunch for as long as I can remember. We respond to positive and negative and treat the mediocre with silence. We often need a special occasion or the players themselves to gee us up. However, I wouldn't say we are **** fans, we just like to see the team caring and when they don't, we don't.

Fan base is divided, so many sections are narked off, and it is all too easy to say 'look at the wasters on the pitch not putting a shift in'. Also economic reasons affect attitude, going to Goodison is still good value by comparrison but it is still upwards of £50 for your visit (£36 ticket, couple of changs, a pie and the bus around £50 total) and Liverpool like elsewhere has been affected by spending cuts and business closures.

We can't be arsed unless something snidey happens to us or we get a man sent off or something.

Is rather that than we go all badly tittish like Portsmouth or Stoke.

mmmmmmmmm think we have the best fans in the epl easy, iv been there wen we were dross and screaming at the players seemed the like the only way to get um playing at times but we have come to expect these days a good performance at goodison, so the roof only goes off when something special happends or when the ****e are here

The atmosphere against city in the second half was amazing. That is the exception rather then the norm, but the fans react to what is happening on the pitch. As soon as we have a few shots/corners the decibels crank up. I think you will find most ground are the same

I wouldn't say our fans are bad but I totally agree with you in the respect that I'd like to see Goodison rocking for 90 minutes whether we're winning or otherwise.

Everton 2-0 Coventry from 98/99 season was a fantastic atmosphere, i don't know if fellow blues recall it, but we desperately needed a win and the place was rocking.

Absolute rubbish, our fans are the best in the world. I remember us singing and cheering and making goodison sound full when we were playing a hopeless second leg against dinamo bucharest in 2005 with only 25,000 inside goodison...

There are no fans better. Atmosphere is created by, performance, rivalry factor, league position, in game drama/controversy. and the general mood of the fans, in any given similar set of circumstances I'd reckon our lot would be better than anyone else

Do you not recall ferguson against Man U?

Can't expect goodison to be like that every game. people need to get real and realise that those games are special. I suppose when qpr and norwich et al come up people will say what a brilliant atmosphere, well that's coz its new to them and every game is like a cup game.

Tell me one team with better fans and I'll find a match they played with a poor atmosphere

Remember being at goodision when fulham came to town(yak hatrick), there was 200 tops fulham fans and they outsung for the whole game.

Got to agree with Nickydisco, we need something to get excited about. We are a sleeping giant and yes it's embarrassing when 300 fans can have the nerve to give us stick with no reply but I remember, this season, us putting the villa fans (most annoying ****s in the world with actual written songs for saying the opposition's support is ****) right in their place so our banter is great, I've always found that (we're mostly scousers so we're alright for humour) and I'm telling you now, there is NOWHERE like Goodison when the chips are down and our backs are against the wall. Nowhere. Not Anfield on a champs league night, and not the amazing Britannia. Let the average support put on their false bravado and convince themselves that their support is amazing and ours is "****ing ****" like Silas says: we treat the mediocre with silence and that includes no mark fans.

Also, no one has topped our Wembley atmosphere (either time we were there). In fact no one has even come close. Not even either of the manc teams in their derby, not the amazing Stoke fans and not city and I've come to the thinking that no one will. We're one of the best if not the best set of fans in the world because we're the most passionate and i think the fact that we don't have to 'act'like we're passionate makes us all the more special. Have some pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.