2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are in danger of getting our money back on him when we do finally sell him. Who'd have thunk that 12 months ago

I think Niasse should be valued around £30 to 40m on the basis:
  • his goals per minute ratio is excellent
  • proven premiership goal scorer with two different clubs
  • spending £27m on an oversea's player doesn't guarantee goals in the premiership
  • not a flat track bully - he's capable of scoring against the big boys
I suspect a lot of supporters love Niasse for his fighting qualities.

I think Niasse should be valued around £30 to 40m on the basis:
  • his goals per minute ratio is excellent
  • proven premiership goal scorer with two different clubs
  • spending £27m on an oversea's player doesn't guarantee goals in the premiership
  • not a flat track bully - he's capable of scoring against the big boys
I suspect a lot of supporters love Niasse for his fighting qualities.

He very much reminds me of a striker Bristol City had in the late 70s, was at Sunderland as well, so I am sure @Safc-mark-91 and @Albertini78 will agree.

Tom Ritchie. Terrible actual footballer, but had a knack of actually scoring goals. @Eggs might recall as well.

Oumar should be given 90% of the first teams wages, a statue in the centre of Liverpool and have the new stadium named in his honour.

The king stay the king.
Forget that, he needs a statue like the Colossus of Rhodes, straddling the Mersey. I imagine it would look something like the following.

Colossus of Oumar.jpg

The lad has made utter mugs of all of us. Is he the worlds greatest footballer? Nah.

Has he had a more then decent scoring record? Deffo.

Made up for him me.

I think that some strong views were expressed about Martinez for signing him. I’m not sure where that leaves us now.

Two subsequent managers have also to date failed to sort out our plodding midfield - one of the causes of Martinez downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.