2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
never been given a chance miles better than Kone yet he was played ???????????

The preofessional trained them everyday. The "not given a proper chance" is not an excuse for being tosh. McAleny, Rodriguez, Kone, Kissock, Garbutt and the Brazilian rb etc.

Surely we were only letting him go if we had a striker lined up? Even though he has been banished from the squad since last pre season he is an option, albeit an extremely poor one for our standard.

If Everton really wanted him gone we would have paid the agent fee ourselves. The rumoured 10m or whatever the transfer fee was an excellent return for someone so bad who cost us 13m.

The preofessional trained them everyday. The "not given a proper chance" is not an excuse for being tosh. McAleny, Rodriguez, Kone, Kissock, Garbutt and the Brazilian rb etc.

Mattioni is a somewhat talented player he is just never fit. He makes McCarthy look like the terminator.

Mattioni is a somewhat talented player he is just never fit. He makes McCarthy look like the terminator.

He is a League 1 standard player.

I think his career so far speaks for that...I suppose everyone in our academy had talent. Whether you are able to fullfill it is another matter. He had one game at Milan. He's almost 29 too.

He is a League 1 standard player.

I think his career so far speaks for that...I suppose everyone in our academy had talent. Whether you are able to fullfill it is another matter. He had one game at Milan. He's almost 29 too.

He has played 5 games in league one after spending time at Milan, Espanyol and Mallorca.

He must have something about him to have been at those clubs (and to get a go with us) but he just can not stay fit/healthy.

What are you basing his league one standards on then? All those games that he has not played?

He was a player who was worth a go but nothing came from it for the reasons listed above.

He has played 5 games in league one after spending time at Milan, Espanyol and Mallorca.

He must have something about him to have been at those clubs (and to get a go with us) but he just can not stay fit/healthy.

What are you basing his league one standards on then? All those games that he has not played?

He was a player who was worth a go but nothing came from it for the reasons listed above.

My argument was based on facts and stats not some crazy imagination. 1 game in Milan and 30 games in two mid-small Liga clubs at the age of 27. His last info on wiki said he is playing a Serie B club in his homeland.

Honestly you are arguing that an no mark footballer had talent. Like I said everyone who were registered with our academy had talent. Worth a go? No wonder some people used that "not given fair chance" Niasse excuse tosh.

Last edited:
My argument was based on facts and stats not some crazy imagination. 1 game in Milan and 30 games in two mid-small Liga clubs at the age of 27. His last info on wiki said he is playing a Serie B club in his homeland.

Honestly you are arguing that an no mark footballer had talent. Like I said everyone who were registered with our academy had talent. Worth a go? No wonder some people used that "not given fair chance" Niasse excuse tosh.

His knee fell off when he was younger. How hard is it for you to understand that?

A talented player who had a career threatening injury, one with some talent so a bunch of decent clubs, including ourselves, gave him a go on the off chance that he could get over his injury woes. He could not do that obviously but as a no risk signing he was worth a go.

This does not make him a bad player at all. A useless one maybe but only due to the fact that he is not able to ever get on the pitch.

To paraphrase you, honestly, I think you are just arguing for the sake of it there. There are loads of instances of players being given a chance to see if they can still go. He would have been on minimal wages with no transfer fee. We were doing the lad a favour more than anything. You are acting like he was brought in to be our new right back or something and that's simply not the case.

His knee fell off when he was younger. How hard is it for you to understand that?

A talented player who had a career threatening injury, one with some talent so a bunch of decent clubs, including ourselves, gave him a go on the off chance that he could get over his injury woes. He could not do that obviously but as a no risk signing he was worth a go.

This does not make him a bad player at all. A useless one maybe but only due to the fact that he is not able to ever get on the pitch.

To paraphrase you, honestly, I think you are just arguing for the sake of it there. There are loads of instances of players being given a chance to see if they can still go. He would have been on minimal wages with no transfer fee. We were doing the lad a favour more than anything. You are acting like he was brought in to be our new right back or something and that's simply not the case.

I think you are. You are arguing the mighty Mattioni is a somewhat talented player and not a bad player. Injury, an excuse. Not given a fair chance, an excuse. All sort of excuses. He is a bad player check out where he is playing. I bet you never heard of him in 2015. It's like arguing if Niasse starts every match he will score about 17/18 goals in PL.

Last edited:
I think you are. You are arguing the mighty Mattioni is a somewhat talented player and not a bad player. Injury, an excuse. Not given a fair chance, an excuse. All sort of excuses. He is a bad player check out where he is playing. I bet you never heard of him in 2015. It's like arguing if Niasse starts every match he will score about 17/18 goals in PL.

I'm not at all! Who said anything about him not getting a a fair chance? He didn't get a chance because he was unable to play! His injury is not an excuse its a fact! His knee basically got shattered into pieces.

What I am saying is I don't get why you are so obsessed with a player who was basically brought in on an extended trial to see if we could get something out of him.

It was a total non entity of a signing that did not effect our transfer spending, barely would have touched our wages and did not stunt any other players progress.

The lad had talent at some point, got an horrendous injury that almost destroyed him and a couple of clubs have had a look at seeing if they could patch him back together and get some use out of him. Sadly for the bloke it was not possible. Such is life.

Its fairly evident to me that you know zero about him as a player other than looking at some numbers on Wikipedia. There is a backstory there hence why other solid clubs had a look at him as well.

Seriously, why are you so bothered about it? It happens at every club at some point.

I'm not at all! Who said anything about him not getting a a fair chance? He didn't get a chance because he was unable to play! His injury is not an excuse its a fact! His knee basically got shattered into pieces.

What I am saying is I don't get why you are so obsessed with a player who was basically brought in on an extended trial to see if we could get something out of him.

It was a total non entity of a signing that did not effect our transfer spending, barely would have touched our wages and did not stunt any other players progress.

The lad had talent at some point, got an horrendous injury that almost destroyed him and a couple of clubs have had a look at seeing if they could patch him back together and get some use out of him. Sadly for the bloke it was not possible. Such is life.

Its fairly evident to me that you know zero about him as a player other than looking at some numbers on Wikipedia. There is a backstory there hence why other solid clubs had a look at him as well.

Seriously, why are you so bothered about it? It happens at every club at some point.

I was responding that to Joey.

Phew...he played 30 games over 6 years in the clubs you have mentioned above. Why did you admit you never heard of him in 2015? You said Mattioni is a somewhat talented player and not a bad player, ok I am out of this conversation. Kissiock was talent too Chadwick was talent Jevons was talent that list just went on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.