2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about all the managers who have not signed him.
Or the fact he has 12 goals in 62 games ...

The 12 in 62 has been adequately explained elsewhere. If you want to ignore that fine.

The other managers did not sign him because they either went down or couldn't afford his wages.

You must hate goals and chances. Again, 10-15 minutes at the end of a game where we are struggling to score, I know who I would be choosing out of our strikers to bring on (Under the assumption Richarlison is starting of course.).

The 12 in 62 has been adequately explained elsewhere. If you want to ignore that fine.

The other managers did not sign him because they either went down or couldn't afford his wages.

You must hate goals and chances. Again, 10-15 minutes at the end of a game where we are struggling to score, I know who I would be choosing out of our strikers to bring on (Under the assumption Richarlison is starting of course.).
He is a terrible player. He scored a few goals in one good spell for us and that was that.
If he was good enough managers would pick him .

12 goals in 62 games? Get him in the team now! We've got no-one else with that sort of scoring record.

Tosun's got 9 in 43 for us, which is marginally better
Richarlison has 22 in 87 in the league ( including when he couldn't buy a goal after Silva for fired at Watford ) which is appreciably better

Goals per number of minutes on the pitch would be a far more appropriate stat.

Fair point like, and in his best season ( 2017/18 ), he scored 8, with roughly half of his appearances from the bench, but he started the majority of his games with Hull and Cardiff, so he likely has had plenty of minutes overall.

I love the lad, and one might go in off his arse, but he is rubbish.

He is a terrible player. He scored a few goals in one good spell for us and that was that.
If he was good enough managers would pick him .

Nobody is saying he is good!

Some people are pointing out that he does carry a goal threat, because he does.

I like my bench strikers to carry a threat when they come on.

Niasse is far from a great player but we've had worse in the last 30 years:

Brett Angel.
James Beattie.
John Spencer.
Jo.
Mark Hughes.
Bakayoko etc.

Most of the decent forwards we've had during this period have burned brightly for a brief time: Beardsley, Campbell, Yakubu, Kanchelskis among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.