Ossie's testimonial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it's really sad that only 7k people are going,

Bit early to call that, isn't it? It's never gonna be a sellout, so a lot of us might just be relaxed in the knowledge that we'll get in? As if only 7k are gonna go to Goodison to see us play Porto, regardless of Ossie.

Bit early to call that, isn't it? It's never gonna be a sellout, so a lot of us might just be relaxed in the knowledge that we'll get in? As if only 7k are gonna go to Goodison to see us play Porto, regardless of Ossie.
I wasn't saying that as a fact i was just responding to the post above my own about only 7k sold so far.

I wasn't saying that as a fact i was just responding to the post above my own about only 7k sold so far.

Yeah, fair enough. Like I said though mate, there's never gonna be a rush to get tickets for these type of games. I'd be extremely surprised if the attendance wasn't at LEAST double - treble the amount of tickets sold so far.

He made very important contributions in 2004/2005 to that campaign when we were being tipped to go down then stunned everyone

I'm sure a lot of people are just going to turn up on the day to buy tickets, always the case with friendlies.

I have bought my ticket, he has been loyal in an unloyal game, its the least we can do.

PS not recieved my ticket through the post yet (cutting it fine):mad:

I just want to say that although many people get annoyed with Ossie being in the team, that he should get a full house and a great reception for his testimonial. He isn't a legend or anything, but a single club player who has given his all for the club, and for most of his career was played out of position by Moyes.

So, for one game, just get behind him and give him the support that he deserves
No thanks mate, enjoy the game, but not for me

I'll riot when he retires

I just want to say that although many people get annoyed with Ossie being in the team, that he should get a full house and a great reception for his testimonial. He isn't a legend or anything, but a single club player who has given his all for the club, and for most of his career was played out of position by Moyes.

So, for one game, just get behind him and give him the support that he deserves

I don't get this really.

Would you expect a great fanfare after working in a job for ten years ?

He's been extremely handsomely paid to do a job which most people can only dream of.

Status
Not open for further replies.