Opening day against newly promoted teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 2011, came home from holiday early for our easy game v newly promoted QPR, lost 0-1!

August 2015, coming home from holiday early for our easy game v newly promoted Watford............

Don't recall them just having been promoted, but the 0-1 loss at home to Sheffield Utd on opening day 70-71 as defending league champions upset me for ages and ages.

1 - 4 to Spurs was a bad start one season I seem to remember...didn't do so bad afterwards though ..yeah, I know they weren't promoted but it was good anyway

The infamous Southall sit-in in 1990 was against a newly promoted team - Leeds...who won 3-2...

We seemed to have had a few newly promoted teams recently. I'd rather play a top team and start the season properly. We'll be complacent and confidence will be dented.

The infamous Southall sit-in in 1990 was against a newly promoted team - Leeds...who won 3-2...

I had no idea they'd got promoted in 1990. The following season they won the title, that is a huge indication of how far football has fallen!

Don't recall them just having been promoted, but the 0-1 loss at home to Sheffield Utd on opening day 70-71 as defending league champions upset me for ages and ages.

I think they were just promoted, Block.

They got off to a flyer......it was quite common in those days for a newly promoted team to start well and even top the table after five or six games.

Remember Trevor Hockey in that Blades team?

He looked like the Wild Man of Borneo wuth his big bushy beard and long black hair wrapped in a headband lol

Them wuz the days :celebrate:

Who could forget this...

article-0-14E36A2E000005DC-93_634x438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.