Once Everton has touched you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyphooToffee

Player Valuation: £60m
If you read the following quote from Anders Limpar right to the end (regarding our disappointing season - but that's irrelevant) you'll see the point of this thread.

They’ve been unfortunate in a few games but I thought their performance in the Merseyside Derby against Liverpool was really good.

With the talent they’ve got in the squad they shouldn’t be so low down in the table but overall things have not been going our way.

Regardless of referring to Everton as them, he ends with us. I guess it shows the truth in that famous quote of sadly departed Alan Ball:

Once Everton has touched you nothing else will be the same.

What exactly it is about Everton that pulls at the heart-strings? I like to compare it to an ex-wife you had to leave through no one's fault but your own, but who you dream about constantly, know that she adored you, but also know in your heart you were never really good enough for.

Thoughts and instances (about Everton, not my marriage history!) gratefully received.

Weren't we his favourite English team when he was a kid?

Great player, imagine the damage we could do with him and Baines on the left!
fap.gif

I met Limpar about 4 years ago now, in Birmingham. He was a top bloke, told him I was a blue and he chatted for about 5 mins, kept saying 'we' this and that. On his day he was unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.