oldie but a goodie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slight_Return

Player Valuation: £6m
So we are regularly mentioned with jimmy bullard, but could we get someone else to bolster 'that' midfield position?

I bring to your attention the financial plight of west ham and the dire straights (MTV!) they are in. So the question is, would you fancy a cheeky punt on Scott Parker?

I can hear you already, its strikers we need, and blah blah blah, but we had strikers earlier this season and were losing because of a lack of midfield cohesion. In striker terms, although we are light right now its a very short term problem, any striker we get with either be a loan (not great) or expect a decent contract and decent transfer fee - and do we have the room on the wage bill for such an addition to the forward line - a forward line consisting of yakubu, saha, vaughan, anichebe.

We dont have a Scott Parker type in our squad, he is 28 and a proven class midfielder. Would not be a bad player for Rodwell to learn alongside.

Got a few years on the clock, experience, and a point to prove - playing in a [Poor language removed]-heap like west ham with dross like bellamy and bowyer has to have destroyed his self esteem.

Lets give the man a chance, hes a moyesy former favourite.

He's a good player but I can't see what he'd offer us. He basically plays in the same position Osman and Arteta play. Arteta's twice the player and Ossie is similar.

I'd rather see us go for a winger or a proper defensive midfielder. He'd be a good player to have in the squad but I honestly feel we need to buy in the right areas. We need to get players who are going to improve us in the right areas.

Bullard is well better than ossie. His free kicks are 100 times better than Mikels

Bullard is well better than ossie. His free kicks are 100 times better than Mikels

He's not well better than Ossie. Very similar players. Tidy in possession, lots of energy but lightweight. If Bullard had to play the holding role like Osman has for most of the season he'd struggle.

You don't buy a player because there good at set pieces. Arteta is twice the player, different class.

Bullard is a good player but he's not what we need.

Because of where I live I used to regularly watch Charlton play and Parker was an excellent player back then. Not the player today he was back then but still worth a shot if we could get him in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.