Old to new

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am third generation Evertonian, my Dad is a blue and so was my Grandad. Grandad was a docker and very good friends with Dixie he used to drink with him at his pub. Ive got Dixie's autograph he signed it to my Dad. Anyway my oldest Everton memory is in 1984 when we played Watford in the Cup my Dad bought me my first kit but told me that I wasn't allowed to go to Wembley because my Mum wouldn't let me go (I was only 4) anyway I can remember watching the match on TV with my kit on (and green crocodile slippers!) and loving it. That was it I went on about it for months and then the new season came, my Dad took me the match by sneaking me in, we were in the upper Gwladys, I always remember an old lady sat by us who gave me Everton toffees each week! First game was versus Spurs we got beat but I obviously didn't care as the love affair continues today.

One game over the years that does stick in my head for some reason was at Goodison I think we were winning 1-0 against Oldham and they scored 2 in injury time I think it was oldham and that was the score I just remember being devastated coming out the ground probably early/mid 90s.

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool, Friday 21st April 2000.

Yeah, the one were the ref blew the whistle before the ball crossed the line.

I was sat in the Main Stand I think, can't really remember much else apart from the programme I still have with Mark Hughes on the front cover.

My 1st ever Everton match was when i was 13 years old, my Dad took me vs Swindon 2-1 win in the cup, he also took me vs Wimbledon 8-0 win the following season. This was going to be a regular thing but unfortunately my dad died in Nov 1978 in a motorcycle accident, but i still have the memories !!

Tue Feb 1st 1977 FAC 4 Rep H
Swindon W2-1,
Tues Aug 28TH 1978 LC WIMBLEDON 8-0.

By the way if anyone doesn't know the Everton Results website, it's class for this type of thread, has all the team sheets and goalscorers for every Everton game since we began.

My first game was Everton 4 - 4 Leeds.

http://www.evertonresults.com/match24101999.html

Super Kevin Campbell scored twice, Hutchinson, and a last minute equaliser from Davy Weir.

Everton Vs Newcastle, March 1988

1-0 Everton (Wayne Clarke I think)

Upper Bullens for me and my dad, league title holders at the time and I was about 6/7.

My first game was the yr after we won cup in 95, v Stockport @ edgeley park.

Missed the ebrell goal after they equalised 2-2 in last minute we went up field and scored

Sheffield Wednesday in the late 90's, still have the ticket somewhere as well. I'll try to dig it out.
Knew I'd dig this out. Sheffield Wednesday, 4th March 2000. Would make me 4 years old. 15:00 kick off in the family enclosure. £10 for the ticket.
image.jpg

One game over the years that does stick in my head for some reason was at Goodison I think we were winning 1-0 against Oldham and they scored 2 in injury time I think it was oldham and that was the score I just remember being devastated coming out the ground probably early/mid 90s.

Wasn't that a cup game? Wasn't the score 2-3 though?

Sat 5th Nov 1960

EFC 1- WBA 1

Bobby Collins ( 5' 3" ) squaring up to some CH ( 6' 2" )... and the other guy backing off (good move)

Status
Not open for further replies.