Old Everton Pictures

11th October 1969 Joe Royle completes a 3-1 victory from the penalty spot v Sunderland (H) -
1602762928693.png

3rd February 1968. Even the most cultured player has his moment in the heat of a derby as Everton half-back Howard Kendall clatters Liverpool winger Peter Thompson, at Goodison Park HK had the last laugh as he scored our winning goal 1-0 to the Blues -
View attachment 104470
God I only vaguely remember that packed Goodison Road terrace as a kid. It mustve been like playing in The Coliseum for our opponents !!

5th April 1966 Fred Boomer Pickering hammers a twenty-yard shot past Harry Dowd and into the net via the underside of the Man City crossbar to score the second in the FA Cup Second Replay, played at Wolverhampton - the blues won 2-0 in the third game going on to lift the trophy -
View attachment 104463

All those goals on the long and muddy road to Wembley, but the final would bring personal heartbreak for Pick.

What year was the stand extended and the standing became known as the enclosure, couldn't have been long after that. A nightmare of a spec for viewing too if you weren't 8 foot 6".
The Church end part was built first and in situ when we won the League v W Brom 1970...I got taken though we were in the old Goodison Rd stand part that remained. I think the rest was up in 1971 with the new standards Enclosure.

The Church end part was built first and in situ when we won the League v W Brom 1970...I got taken though we were in the old Goodison Rd stand part that remained. I think the rest was up in 1971 with the new standards Enclosure.

I'd go along with that, I graduated from the boys pen in 1971 and my first season ticket as a kid was the enclosure.....wanted to have it in the Street end but after dishing out stick to them for 3 years reckoned I may have been battered:coffee:..........so I waited until I grew sidies and a mussy then got the ticket there.

I wonder if you could get this photo with Esso petrol stamps back in the day?
View attachment 104455
The Holy Trinity - how much would they be in today's game?
View attachment 104457
Joey......joey.......joey. Superb three image photo of the Trinity.
Thanks for posting it.
That image is going on my phone. Is it wallpaper you call it. The family photo is now being demoted. They won't mind.
Haven't a clue how to go about doing that. Transferring a photo from an i- pad to a phone. But the grandson can do all that stuff.... So when everything is safe to do so ( this virus). (We are in a mini lockdown at present).
That photo is going on my phone.
Three great footballers........great photo........great stuff.

Ps.......have a house coming down with Everton memorabilia. But that three image photo is going on my phone. And i 'll see if I can get it printed as well.

Pps..........when players like Iwobi go for close to 30 million. And midfielders like Pogba go for close to 100 million. And donkeys like Liverpool's Henderson go for also about 30 million. What would the Trinity be worth??
Name your price. Only the top top clubs in the world could afford those three.
I wouldn't insult them by putting a price on them. But they would have been multi millionaires if playing today.

5th April 1966 Fred Boomer Pickering hammers a twenty-yard shot past Harry Dowd and into the net via the underside of the Man City crossbar to score the second in the FA Cup Second Replay, played at Wolverhampton - the blues won 2-0 in the third game going on to lift the trophy -
View attachment 104463
Great pic Joey.Big Fred did so much in that cup run to get us to Wembley especially in those gruelling encounters with City.Got injured before the final I think.Such a cruel blow especially for him
He was a great striker and goalscorer for us from the moment we signed him,'64 I think.He was never the same player after that 66 season.I know we won the Cup but a fully fit Pickering would have put Wednesday to the sword.