Old Everton Pictures

....no, I think that was Brian Marwood.

Kilcline had the knickname ‘Killer’, he was a big CB but I don’t remember him injuring any of ours.

I was at Uni and lived in Coventry for a year in the mid 80s and used to see Killer and Big Cyril Regis in the pub regularly on a Wednesday evening. A genuinely nice guy.

He was Cov captain when they won the cup.

Feyenoord home 1979
1601024565891.jpeg

Totally agree,
Eric Gates played three one twos , then thumped it passed Gëorge Wood from the edge of the box.
The best goal and team performance from the away team I have ever witnessed.
Proud to say I was there when the Goodison crowd gave them a standing ovation.
Muhren, Thyssen, Beattie, Gates, Mariner,,, what a team
It certainly was a great display from Ipswich. If I remember correctly, it was made all the more embarrassing for us by the fact that there were plenty of RS at Goodison that day getting their voucher for the upcoming Derby.

It certainly was a great display from Ipswich. If I remember correctly, it was made all the more embarrassing for us by the fact that there were plenty of RS at Goodison that day getting their voucher for the upcoming Derby.
Yes John,
I also recall asking myself as I left the ground, how did we end up with Bingham then Lee, when we twice could have had Bobby Robson.

That really brings me back. I was a mid- teenager then. I made my first trip to see the Blues in England in 80 at Old Trafford. Gary Birtles' home debut for the Mancs.

I was 15 and got held up by Plod when I got off the boat in Liverpool. The Troubles were in full swing then. I had arranged to meet my brother in Manchester off the train but of course I missed the planned connection because of Plod.

No mobile phones then!! Anyway he hung around until I finally arrived.
Bluerover
If I remember correct, the Man U game at Old Trafford you refer to, was during the midweek after this Ipswich game.
On top of it being Birtles first, I am certain Kevin Ratcliffe made his debut for us that night.
I am sure it finshed 0-0; need to check the garage for the programme