Old Everton Pictures

1593350923922.png

Wasn't at that game but seeing Osgood on the cover reminds me of a game I was at when he was playing. A League cup match at Bloomfield road mid sixties, Tangerines against Chelsea. He broke his leg so badly in this game, the crack was heard around the ground. And the player who did him? Emlyn Hughes! Wasn't long after this he was off to you know where. Osgood had a decent career but I don't think he ever shook off completely the horror of that night.

Good Blackpool lad along with Hursty of course. Neither played for the Tangerines though Roger signed on for them when he returned from Vancouver Whitecaps but never played a game. Tough and game player, could and should have played for England. Don't mention the name Don Revie in his presence :mad:

...interesting that those two fine CBs came through our youth system and were born in Blackpool, Hurst in particular was out of the very top drawer. The links with Blackpool continued through the years with the likes Coleman and Keith Southern in recent times.

Wasn't at that game but seeing Osgood on the cover reminds me of a game I was at when he was playing. A League cup match at Bloomfield road Tangerines against Chelsea. He broke his leg so badly in this game, the crack was heard around the ground. And the player who did him? Emlyn Hughes! Wasn't long after this he was off to you know where. Osgood had a decent career but I don't think he ever shook off completely the horror of that night.

...I clearly remember Emlyn Hughes playing LB for Blackpool at Goodison.

...interesting that those two fine CBs came through our youth system and were born in Blackpool, Hurst in particular was out of the very top drawer. The links with Blackpool continued through the years with the likes Coleman and Keith Southern in recent times.

Yes indeed. Had a good scouting system back then did the Blues.
Southern and Coleman were much appreciated by Seasiders fans. Keith became something of a legend in his time there.
Seamus played his part also in the Herculean effort to get to the Prem. And he trained on nicely once back from his loan period and became an excellent player for Everton. Pity about that injury playing for Ireland.

Yes indeed. Had a good scouting system back then did the Blues.
Southern and Coleman were much appreciated by Seasiders fans. Keith became something of a legend in his time there.
Seamus played his part also in the Herculean effort to get to the Prem. And he trained on nicely once back from his loan period and became an excellent player for Everton. Pity about that injury playing for Ireland.

...I worked at Peel Park for many years before I retired. Many Blackpool and a few less Fleetwood fans in that building. Nice that the Toffees have a fan base on the Fylde.