Old Everton Pictures

Apart from playing soccer he was a waste of space.
We've had a few wingers who could not play football and were a waste of space of it Andy Made of Lager spring to mind....-

another winger -

Ian Wilson

Blimey ! Even when he was young he still looked old !!
He always seemed slow on the turn to me, I bumped into him once outside Goodison stright after the game.He was smoking a cigar after the final whistle as he was dropped from the team after a 1-0 defeat walking towards us my brothers mate shouted to him it would have been worse if you had played as you are that slow on the turn......
Also he spoke much later - he was glad about Bally being sold ......
Another player we went for when he was on the decline ....... A good left back at Blackburn and England in his younger days ..

He always seemed slow on the turn to me, I bumped into him once outside Goodison stright after the game.He was smoking a cigar after the final whistle as he was dropped from the team after a 1-0 defeat walking towards us my brothers mate shouted to him it would have been worse if you had played as you are that slow on the turn......
Also he spoke much later - he was glad about Bally being sold ......
Another player we went for when he was on the decline ....... A good left back at Blackburn and England in his younger days ..
Glad about him being sold ?? Nice way to talk about his club and England colleague. I bet he was on the arse end of some rollickings from Bally though...especially seeing as how The Royal Iris could turn quicker than him.