Old Everton Pictures

And the team for anyone that went to Coventry away was
Myhre, Steve Watson, Ball, Unsworth, Cleland, Tal, Gemmill, Alexandersson, Pembridge, Campbell, Cadamarteri. Subs: Simonsen, Jevons, Milligan, McLeod, Clarke.

...a sprinkling from a very good Youth team; Ball, Cadamarteri, Jevons, Milligan, McLeod and Clarke. I think Jamie Milligan got MoM award in an FA Youth Cup Final.

Yes it was Ipswich. They were a terrific side at that time - thrashed us 4-0 at Goodison just a few weeks before. I think they had a fantastic 2nd half of that season and an equally good first half of the next season, only for a late season slump to cost them the title. Credit to Gordon Lee in that game for giving Gidman a roving role - I think he put the cross in from the left for Latch's header. Guardiola, or even Martinez, would have been lauded as a genius for doing something like that!
Yeah he pushed him up as a wing back if I recall Mick,probably Gidmans best game for us,I still reckon that 4-0 defeat to Ipswich prior to the cup game was the finest display at Goodison by an away team in my own lifetime, total football similar to the Dutch side of the mid 1970's,Gates scored a goal at the Park End which was just a superb team goal with a fantastic finish, it made the cup win all the more rewarding.....and surprising :)

A player who never fulfilled his youthful potential. The Catt held him back in the reserves for too long, for reasons we won't go into, during which time he stagnated and went backwards as a player. I think he was 23 or 24 before he made his debut. Amusing video of him on you tube getting sent off at Old Trafford for Birmingham!

May 1968...Everton Football Team
EJRp3c4WsAEeZZg.jpg

Yeah he pushed him up as a wing back if I recall Mick,probably Gidmans best game for us,I still reckon that 4-0 defeat to Ipswich prior to the cup game was the finest display at Goodison by an away team in my own lifetime, total football similar to the Dutch side of the mid 1970's,Gates scored a goal at the Park End which was just a superb team goal with a fantastic finish, it made the cup win all the more rewarding.....and surprising :)
Didnt they have 2 top class ( back when it still meant something) dutch players they bought on the quiet for not much. Murhen and Thysens

Didnt they have 2 top class ( back when it still meant something) dutch players they bought on the quiet for not much. Murhen and Thysens

Yes they were both fantastic players for them, Thyssen especially. I remember being very excited when we signed our first Dutch player, thinking that we would be getting someone of similar quality. Then I saw him play... Ray Atteveld.

atteveld.jpg