Old Everton Pictures

A very young HK probably not signed for us yet -

He would make a similar mistake 10 years later with a star of similar influence, the talismanic Alan Ball.

My understanding of this sale was that he had been baled out of his gambling debts by Moore one time too many. Was warned but took no heed of the warning. Hence his being shifted to the other end of the country. That was what was in circulation at the time...

I make no claim whatsoever that this is the truth of the circumstances of the sale, only what the heavy rumours were at the time.

My understanding of this sale was that he had been baled out of his gambling debts by Moore one time too many. Was warned but took no heed of the warning. Hence his being shifted to the other end of the country. That was what was in circulation at the time...

I make no claim whatsoever that this is the truth of the circumstances of the sale, only what the heavy rumours were at the time.
That was the big rumour going around at that time the club denied this obviously.....
Harry Catterick stated he had doubled his money on a player out of form , but Bally had a pelvic injury and the players who came back from the world Cup in Mexico were all off form at that time - Bally never ran gambling debts up at his other clubs.....