Old Everton Pictures

My old man detested Keith,probably he’d been spoilt with Ramon

My old man detested Keith,probably he’d been spoilt with Ramon Wilson😂😂😂
I met him outside Goodison in his sheepskin jacket - we had only drawn - he was calling Bally & the restnof the team fit to burn etc my mate looked at him & shouted if your that good why can't you get a game lol

I met him outside Goodison in his sheepskin jacket - we had only drawn - he was calling Bally & the restnof the team fit to burn etc my mate looked at him & shouted if your that good why can't you get a game lol
He was a class act at Rovers. Without any doubt the best fullback Rovers have had in my lifetime and I go back to 1961. Could be he stayed at Rovers too long in the old Div 2. Having said that he still played for England many times whilst he was with Rovers and then at Everton. Plus he had a few really good seasons for Burnley at the end of his career.
Having said that having to follow on from Ray Wilson was an unenviable task. The best English left back I ever saw. You can argue about who was the second best.

Last edited:
He was a class act at Rovers. Without any doubt the best fullback Rovers have had in my lifetime and I go back to 1961. Could be he stayed at Rovers too long in the old Div 2. Having said that he still played for England many times whilst he was with Rovers and then at Everton. Plus he had a few really good seasons for Burnley at the end of his career.
Having said that having to follow on from Ray Wilson was an unenviable task. The best English left back I ever saw. You can argue about who was the second best.
Keith was a class act at Blackburn on a long contract by the time he joined us we were stuttering along & he definitely never settled- he never seen eye to eye with Bally either who was captain at that time he was slow on the turn as I remember - & made too many mistakes- hard to gollow the great Ray Wilson tools you observed - he came to us two years to late imo ....

1694165888758.png