Old Everton Pictures

1665226836658.png

Not seen that before, brilliant from Andy, Bergkampesque in fact.
Like many Blues of my generation,I loved Andy King when I was growing up (I remember seeing that WBA game on Granada's kick off). He scored some spectacular goals for us and a couple I'd love to see again (I remember them being on TV),one was away at Derby around 1979 when he chipped the keeper for our winning goal and also a home game against Arsenal in the video I've posted below(it doesn't show his goal unfortunately) when I seem to remember he blasted one in from at least 25 yards out. Loads of Everton in the 70's on youtube,but I can't find these ones anywhere.

Derek Temple, a local lad who in the early 1960s a Serie A team approached Harry Catterick twice to sign him, offering him £100 per week in wages - Harry Catterick turned them down twice for his promising youngster - who went on playing in all front line positions nominally a winger to score 83 times in 275 games for the blues - The GV mainly a no 9 scored 87 goals in 273 games .... which makes Temples record brilliant plus in 1966 he scored in every round bar the semi final plus scored the 1966 winner in grand style not bad for a lad from Dovecote in Huyton !

1665312587217.png