Old Everton Pictures

Came out in the late 1950s. I think. Don’t remember it as well. Always bought goal. And sometimes the shoot magazine. But a few years back I came across a bundle of soccer star magazines in a jumble sale. I snapped them up. Actually give the seller a few bob extra , as I knew he was selling them cheap. Great looking through all these old magazines. Always buy items in good condition. Not really interested if they are shabby.
Some great features in soccer star. Apart from covering the Everton teams of the 1960s. They always had very good features on Irish league football. Goal wasn’t bad. But Shoot fairly rarely covered the Irish league.
Just one last comment…….soccer star magazines are on eBay for around £25 a pop. They are not worth that. They usually sell for their proper price of £2-£3 . Good magazine though. Even though I only stumbled upon them late.

Thanks for that. I have a good selection of Everton programmes going back to the 50s. I keep them i see through holders that are in binders. I am an awful hoarder, and love antique auctions. There are two car boot sales near me each weekend - about twice a year one is for auto memorabilia. As a petrol head with classic cars I love them, but they are dangerous as always find myself buying stuff and my garage is running out of room !!

I am running out of room as to where to put stuff I recently bought- the programmes are kept in a nice cool dry press in my study.

I have loads of car and football stuff also in boxes

Was an amazing night ???, all four sides of the ground packed with Evertonians! I think I read there were about 200 Bayern supporters up in the Top Balcony somewhere!

The Dublin SC used to drink in the Devonshire Pub on St Domingo Road. Sometime in the afternoon some more of our members arrived with about 20 Bayern fans they had met in town. We had a great time, and I had them singing Shamrock Rovers songs - "We are the Champions!!

What a night that was, and I barely made the 10.15 ferry. I know quite a few just stayed in Liverpool overnight and went home the following night.

Going through some of my dad's old programmes..
20220513_104531.jpg

Pen pics of the Hungarian players. Note the guides to pronouncing their names correctly. Like all the Eastern Block sides of the time they would have been "amateurs". The players' jobs include: laboratory worker, decorator, comedian and law student. The centre back is described as "well endowed". 20 year old Ferenc Bene obviously felt at home at Goodison as he went on to score plenty of goals the next year in the 66 World Cup. We won this match 2-1 but went out having already lost 3-0 away
20220513_104438.jpg