Old Everton Pictures

Remember being a little excited when we brought in Joe Harper. The guy was scoring for fun with Aberdeen. But I soon lost that excited feeling. And he then went back to scoring goals when he went back to Scotland. But I actually liked him , even though he never really did much for us.
He looked very good on his debut, I think he scored in a 3-1 victory, can’t think who it was against although he missed a penalty in that game which went well wide, he didn’t stay to long before we sold him, was it to Huddersfield?

He looked very good on his debut, I think he scored in a 3-1 victory, can’t think who it was against although he missed a penalty in that game which went well wide, he didn’t stay to long before we sold him, was it to Huddersfield?
He had a very short spell at Huddersfield in 1968. It didn't really work out.
He played 43 games for Everton. And scored 12 goals. Not bad I suppose , when we have strikers nowadays who score very little. And midfielders that score nothing.
. He joined Hibs after he left Everton . Then moved on to his beloved Aberdeen.
Just had a wee look at his stats. He scored over 200 goals in Scotland. And a grand total of 16 in England. ( Huddersfield 4 and Everton 12 ).
Think that maybe Scotland was his level. Or maybe he was homesick.
I actually liked Scottish football. And always rated Joe Harper.
Ps.....sorry for the long reply...

It was Spurs. Here is the report.

1501 16.12.72 Spurs.jpg

He had a very short spell at Huddersfield in 1968. It didn't really work out.
He played 43 games for Everton. And scored 12 goals. Not bad I suppose , when we have strikers nowadays who score very little. And midfielders that score nothing.
. He joined Hibs after he left Everton . Then moved on to his beloved Aberdeen.
Just had a wee look at his stats. He scored over 200 goals in Scotland. And a grand total of 16 in England. ( Huddersfield 4 and Everton 12 ).
Think that maybe Scotland was his level. Or maybe he was homesick.
I actually liked Scottish football. And always rated Joe Harper.
Ps.....sorry for the long reply...
I enjoyed your reply, thank you.
It was Spurs. Here is the report.

View attachment 164571
Thanks for that Brian, by the way have you got reports on loads of Everton’s games.