Old Everton Pictures

Everton v Blackburn Rovers; F.A Cup third round 1970-71- Moggsy does not care who's head get knocked off in a 2-0 win for us -
1603584061392.png

On a TV moment as a kid I was raving about Alex Young - my great uncle hey aHow about Sandy Young won us the FA Cup ...p?us I seen Dixie's 60th goal - so I kept quiet he had been a season ticket holder most of his life....now this story lol

My dad (born 1911) saw Dean's 60th also. Saw the winning teams of the 1920s and 1930s, and started taking me to Goodison in the mid-1950s...

Dave Thomas - a truly inspirational man, a wonderful winger, no shinny's and could he cross a ball into the box...just ask the Latch! -
View attachment 105855
Dave would be a managers dream these days, like you said Joey no fancy stuff just bombed down either wing and pinged in pinpoint crosses with either foot mostly for Big Bob.
For me he was the best old fashioned winger there was in the seventies..

A Blues legend who doesn’t get the headlines of others & had the unenviable task of filling Dixie Dean’s boots. Tommy Lawton scored 65 goals in 87 matches for the blues. Amazing record, but some differ saying he was great , but never as great as the player he replaced Dixie Dean -
Never as Loyal either - Joe Mercer reckoned he had everything a complete no 9 should have though.....
1603629013561.png