Old Everton Pictures

David Lawson talk us through this one?
View attachment 100520
The only Drew Busby that I can recall played for Hearts. So this could be the Texaco Cup match v Hearts. Hearts beat us. (I purchased a bundle of programmes years ago......this was one of them). Must check out the score.
Only other thing to say.........is that David Lawson was useless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing........But a better keeper back.then and Everton might have won something.........Maybe.

Peter Eastoe a great back to goal player -
1599567395964.png

Everton v Leeds 1966 when the Catt got fined we got beat 4-1 with almost a reserve side playing - Sandy Brown is chasing Leeds winger Johanson for the ball -
We held on well, and tired as the goals went in late our goal was scored by a certain Mike Trebicock scored our only goal - a sign of things to come at Wembley shortly after-
View attachment 100499

Poor old Sandy. He was thinking I'm in at Wembley. And then he wasn't. Mind you playing in this infamous game might have sounded an alarm or two.

The only Drew Busby that I can recall played for Hearts. So this could be the Texaco Cup match v Hearts. Hearts beat us. (I purchased a bundle of programmes years ago......this was one of them). Must check out the score.
Only other thing to say.........is that David Lawson was useless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing........But a better keeper back.then and Everton might have won something.........Maybe.
Did he not play for Fulham?