Old Everton Pictures

Labby & Westy with the other lot parade the trophies before the charity shield game -
1597300441838.png

My problem is that if the wording is incorrect over the year it may also be wrong over the fact it was Ball actually scoring. I don't have a copy of the match reportor a programme but if my memory is correct the match programmes did not start carrying photos of the previous week's game until around 69-70. I was just hoping someone may recognise the photo. Here is the other Alan Ball goal from that gameView attachment 97460.
I see your point. Out of interest does your original image show the time on the clock?

I think it was Parathanikos away.
Yep......I believe that you are correct. I was way off the mark saying Shamrock rovers. Only based that on the sort of track behind the goal. But the crowd is far to big to be Shamrock Rovers. Plus everyone seems to be dressed for warmish weather. That wouldn't really be ireland.
So ....good shout..........and what I also believe is that the photo is 1970/71. So everything fits............it's Panathanikos away......