Old Everton Pictures

Possibly, but not the 1966 World Cup maybe the 1970 one.
Yeh, it was the Mexico WC I was referring to. Being the type of player he was he ran himself into the ground out there . Although it didn't show in the first half of the 70/71 season it certainly did after that. And as Catterick said when he sold him, he wasn't the player he was by the 71/72 season.

1596879127320.png

....played lots of youth representative football with Dave, he’s a decent lad. I have to modestly add, he didn’t score anywhere near as many goals as me!!
I'm not doubting hes a good lad.....but I recall when he came on that was our chant.
.....and he replied by scoring.
Tell us more about Eggs.....

Yeh, it was the Mexico WC I was referring to. Being the type of player he was he ran himself into the ground out there . Although it didn't show in the first half of the 70/71 season it certainly did after that. And as Catterick said when he sold him, he wasn't the player he was by the 71/72 season.
He played ok for Arsenal and then Southampton.
Apart from a little blip playing for us his form came good again.
Still say that Catterick got rid of Ball far to soon.........Catterick saying that he wasn't the same player IMO was just an excuse for us supporters and a load of nonsense.
Alan Ball imo was still better than some of the rubbish that Catterick and co brought in to replace him.......

I'm not doubting hes a good lad.....but I recall when he came on that was our chant.
.....and he replied by scoring.
Tell us more about Eggs.....

...I genuinely remember playing at Goodison and a through ball put us both in (Park End). Dave had a better angle, I left it to him and he missed. I’m 63 and I regret to this day not taking that pass.

He played ok for Arsenal and then Southampton.
Apart from a little blip playing for us his form came good again.
Still say that Catterick got rid of Ball far to soon.........Catterick saying that he wasn't the same player IMO was just an excuse for us supporters and a load of nonsense.
Alan Ball imo was still better than some of the rubbish that Catterick and co brought in to replace him.......
Bally claimed the Catt knew he had a back injury, asked for a rest .......no chance so if anyone ran him into the ground it was the Catt......