Old Everton Pictures

1984 players lap of honour -
1590681368149.png

Those visits did not go without incident for our players 3 got put in jail one night - they did not take kindly to not carrying out the Nazi salute - out for a pint, and arrested I think Dixie was amongst it all - the club got them out of jail within hours after a few bits of pushing and shoving and thrown punches.....- I thin you are right Major it was an attempt for Great Britain to appease Germany at that time....

Are you sure about this date, Joey?

In 1932 Germany was not governed by Hitler and the Third Reich. That only came to pass in January 1933. If it was indeed the game where we refused to do the Nazi salute, then it would be post-January 1933.
yep your correct-

Nice one Joey, notice the temporary floodlight on the rooftop
Nice spot , but that season I went to most games plus away from home as far as the midlands , and I am that old I forgot that main stand was built that early - then yesterday i received the same blues book twice in the post then my son looked 2 in the basket hey Dad oh & I bought it you for christmas in 2015 - so I have 3 copies-DOH.... lol

Nice spot , but that season I went to most games plus away from home as far as the midlands , and I am that old I forgot that main stand was built that early - then yesterday i received the same blues book twice in the post then my son looked 2 in the basket hey Dad oh & I bought it you for christmas in 2015 - so I have 3 copies-DOH.... lol
It was strange the way the main stand was built in two halves, looking at other photos of it I wondered if the original paddock terracing at the front became the enclosure terracing of the new stand.
Hard lines with the books, maybe you could sell them on

It was strange the way the main stand was built in two halves, looking at other photos of it I wondered if the original paddock terracing at the front became the enclosure terracing of the new stand.
I will let my older brother have one he is just as bad he sent me a blues polo shirt - I got two same thing 2 in the basket jobs.... lol

The paddock my older brother told me was fantastic when the lower Bullens stand was not built as the paddock standing went right to the back under the top bullens road stand - handy for a great spec , & staying dry in inclement weather.... upto the mid 1960's?