Old Everton Pictures

Not many will pick up (pun intended) Dixie's Refference top left. It was from a popular theatre/music hall turn of the time, Stanley Holloway...imo, not his best, check out 'The Lion and Albert'

I'm not sure which Sam Dixie was aiming at, was there a city play called Sam, or our own Sam .

Absolutely brilliant Stanley Holloway doing Sam & The lion and Albert, thanks for the memories mate.

Promotion back to the old division 1 in 1953/54-

It was at Oldham where my late father was amongst the 20,000 plus fans who invaded Oldham that day - to just miss out as Champions but become runners up to be promoted -
20,000 EVERTON FANS MOB TEAM AFTER 4-0 PROMOTION VICTORY
April 30, 1954. The Liverpool Daily Post

It was at Oldham where my late father was amongst the 20,000 plus fans who invaded Oldham that day - to just miss out as Champions but become runners up to be promoted -
20,000 EVERTON FANS MOB TEAM AFTER 4-0 PROMOTION VICTORY
April 30, 1954. The Liverpool Daily Post
View attachment 61602
My dad was there Joseph,they got a ladder from a builders yard and scaled the wall,helping a priest bunk in with them

My dad was there Joseph,they got a ladder from a builders yard and scaled the wall,helping a priest bunk in with them
The Oldham officials poured sticky runny tar on the walls - the everton fans ran to the newsagents bought as many newspapers as they could and placed them over the tar and still scaled the walls... lol
we were 3-0 up at half time need to win by 4 clear goals to win the league just did not make it -I was born 6 months later to be a blue my late father was a fanatical blue as is my older brother - my sister was till she married into a load of reds...... My late mother was always a blue too - it should be once a blue always a blue ....
know only a few turncoats in my time......

The Oldham officials poured sticky runny tar on the walls - the everton fans ran to the newsagents bought as many newspapers as they could and placed them over the tar and still scaled the walls... lol
we were 3-0 up at half time need to win by 4 clear goals to win the league just did not make it -I was born 6 months later to be a blue my late father was a fanatical blue as is my older brother - my sister was till she married into a load of reds...... My late mother was always a blue too - it should be once a blue always a blue ....
know only a few turncoats in my time......
Exactly right about the tar,Joey it was one of the things he mentioned,the local shops selling out of newspapers