Old Everton Pictures

The protest how it was dione before the internet over us selling the Cannonball kid to that lot over the park -

Asa Hartford and Joe McBride if I'm correct. The person who took that game by the scruff of the neck and changed the course of it was a very youthful Sammy (The Sperm) Lee.
Aided and abetted by Kenny Dalgiesh, our bottle went in that game, had no belief and when Liverpool got a goal back we went to pieces, how Liverpool never won that game by a landslide I’ll never know. It was a 2-2 massacre.

Collins and Parker kept us in division 1 back in those days. We had some pretty dour days between 1955 and 60, I was happy with Johnny Carey as
manager and he made some marvellous signings, but Mr. Moores had other ideas (Which were probably right) and sacked Carey. As history tells
us, that a taxi was called in which the dirty deed was done! Over the years I have heard the saying used many times and not just in football, and wondered
whether it was first used on Johnny Carey, maybe somebody knows? TAXI FOR CAREY!
Well Harry Catterick has resigned as Sheffield Wed not long before this game, and John Moores was going to give Johnny Carey the push when they got back to the hotel,after a game in London, but Mr. Carey demanded to know what was going on while they were in the taxi, so Johnny got the bullet in the taxi instead of the more civilised surroundings of a five star hotel, mind you the sack is the sack no matter where you get it.

Aided and abetted by Kenny Dalgiesh, our bottle went in that game, had no belief and when Liverpool got a goal back we went to pieces, how Liverpool never won that game by a landslide I’ll never know. It was a 2-2 massacre.
I would take a draw anyday v that lot - stood on the Kop 2-0 up out playing them 15 minutes to go -we got beat 3-2 everton fans cried that day I seen them as I came out of the Kop fuming with anger ... they were coming down from the Anfield road end...

I would take a draw anyday v that lot - stood on the Kop 2-0 up out playing them 15 minutes to go -we got beat 3-2 everton fans cried that day I seen them as I came out of the Kop fuming with anger ... they were coming down from the Anfield road end...
I was crying that day

Wednesday, May 10, 1961. The Liverpool Daily Post
SCOT Ian St John SCORES DERBY HAT-TRICK FROM THE ONLY CHANCE HE HAD
EVERTON 4, LIVERPOOL 3 - still no good with still biased reporting in those days as they got beat 4-3 ..... -