Old Everton Pictures

Keeping the news off my TV today..... don't want to see it all from the other lot hope their parade bus gets a puncture......
that's why I look for old blues pictures when we were top dogs when I was born the other lot were in a division below us......

I hear you mate, not exactly humble in victory or defeat are they. All we can do is look at ourselves, how we can improve and hopefully we can have modern day pictures to cherish also

19th April 1969 Husband v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Jimmy Husband finds space to drive home Everton's second in a 2-2 draw -

Joey, I found a new one this afternoon, like you I have spent the day trawling for new "old" photos and have found one from the Championship season 62-3. As the description states it is from a 4-1 victory. THE scorers were Vernon (2) Young and Stevens. I already have photos of the two Roy Vernon goals and presume (as he is in the photo) that this is Dennis Stevens scoring.
215 25.08.62 Unknown scorer (Possibly Stevens) v Sheff.Wed (H).jpg

Joey, I found a new one this afternoon, like you I have spent the day trawling for new "old" photos and have found one from the Championship season 62-3. As the description states it is from a 4-1 victory. THE scorers were Vernon (2) Young and Stevens. I already have photos of the two Roy Vernon goals and presume (as he is in the photo) that this is Dennis Stevens scoring.View attachment 59676
That was the last game of the season title clincher;)

Sorry Joey you are wrong there on that day...
We beat Fulham 4-1.... May 11th 1963.Vernon 3..Scott 1
Manx Brian refers to versus Sheff.Wed 4-1 Aug.25 th 1962-63
Stevens scored that day

A bit of research has still got me coming up with pictures of square goalposts at Hampden Park.
Could the Alex Young picture be from his days at Hearts... possibly a cup tie at Hampden ..maybe...
Through my time from starting to watch Everton i cant recall any away ground with square posts and i went to probably all the away grounds in the division whilst Alex played for us.

A bit of research has still got me coming up with pictures of square goalposts at Hampden Park.
Could the Alex Young picture be from his days at Hearts... possibly a cup tie at Hampden ..maybe...
Through my time from starting to watch Everton i cant recall any away ground with square posts and i went to probably all the away grounds in the division whilst Alex played for us.
It may be from Hearts as there were pictures of him on that thread - always looking for new pictures as you know by now best thread on this site ;)