Old Everton Pictures

Sorry Joey, Dario is spot on 5-0 v Coventry 27 th Sept. 1980.
We drew with West Brom 1-1 at Goodison 21 st Oct.
Got beat by West Brom 24 th Sept. in the league Cup 24 th Sept. at Goodison

Was it the week before palace then joey?
Week before we beat Villa at home 2-0 - we had 3 impressive wins on the bounce without conceding the loss was in the league cup to WBA - your memory is spot on we has another 5-0 win at Coventry in the league plu two other wins on the bounce to put us 3rd in the league we end up 7th from bottom - Peter Eastoe was our leading goalscorer with 15 goals......

Last edited:

6th December 1969. Liverpool and Everton captain's Yard Dog Ron Yeats and Brian Labone walk out together for the Merseyside derby, at Goodison Park- in a 3-0 defeat with the famous own goal by Sandy - we got our revenge at the pit winning 2-0 then weeks later winning the league -
View attachment 54790
That own goal was their first payback from the pact they made with himself, but at what cost to their collective shankly red souls?

Ian Wilson a winger Colin Harvey regretted signing - boy he was poor signed from from Leicester -
View attachment 54789
I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't realised we'd signed him.
I knew him at Leicester but us, never?

....Wilson was poor but I remember going to a Derby match at Anfield when we got a very unexpected point and he had a really decent game.

HK congratulates big Joe on scoring a goal-

2-0 up at half time - the decline after this game was awful ball sold Arsenal won the double that year yet we played them off the park in the first half I was in the Gladwys street and at half time a older fan stated Arsenal have not improved much from last season have they.... famous last words.......

2-0 up at half time - the decline after this game was awful ball sold Arsenal won the double that year yet we played them off the park in the first half I was in the Gladwys street and at half time a older fan stated Arsenal have not improved much from last season have they.... famous last words.......
View attachment 54821
I see Arsenal have their fullbacks on the wrong posts