Old Everton Pictures

Blues fans and players celebrating beating Aston Villa to reach the 1984 Milk Cup final -
915a53ab506dc6ba794c8d9f38c9cc23.jpg
What a night that was.
I remember some of the players coming back out on to the pitch and most of the crowd on their way out turned back and up onto the terracing. The crush then was unbearable.
I also remember stopping off at the first exit heading back north to find a pub. Walsall I think it was. Heaving in there and a guy swinging across the lounge on a massive chandelier! Needless to say, the bizzies got called and the pub closed.

What a night that was.
I remember some of the players coming back out on to the pitch and most of the crowd on their way out turned back and up onto the terracing. The crush then was unbearable.
I also remember stopping off at the first exit heading back north to find a pub. Walsall I think it was. Heaving in there and a guy swinging across the lounge on a massive chandelier! Needless to say, the bizzies got called and the pub closed.
My late father in the old days 50,s or early 1960,s went to a replay at villa in the FA cup it was a foggy misty night after anbput 1/2 an hour home on the return journey the boyterous fans shouted to the coach driver stop at the next pub for a pint - the landlord looked shocked and serving the ale - asked my father about the good win for the blues but looked surprised with all the fans dressed in blues scarfs and singing away ...
What's wrong with it stated my late father, he led him to a side door of the cellar for flung them open to show him the floodlights of Villa park only a few hundred yards away, stating the driver must have got lost and been going around in circleslol