Nuetral support

Status
Not open for further replies.

They can do whatever they want because they’re not regulated by anyone.

Nobody will ever be £19.5m over their threshold and try to write it off with covid/Sigurdsson/new stadium costs again so no precedent has been set, everything will be reviewed separately so they can do whatever they want.
we were scuppered by a global pandemic, a European war (of a size not seen since the 1940s) that caused our major benefactor to be sanctioned, and interest rates to rise from a generation of low stability to rates not seen for 30 years, at a time where we were borrowing money to service a once on a 125 year stadium build. I doubt this will happen to anyone else any time soon. Throw in stuff like player X and we have had a perfect storm.

From me, at Sunderland.
No idea of the rules you have broken but would they punish other clubs?
I know I'm biased, but it feels like they're punishing us because they have to be seen to do something and they know they won't get anywhere with city and chelsea. Those clubs are too powerful and too well resourced, and will throw whatever they have to at the PL to avoid sanction.

Sadly Everton aren't able to fight it and so are an easier target.

Our net spend over the last 5 seasons is the 18th highest in English football. Not sure what the problem is that the PL is addressing, but it's a move that entrenches the existing hierarchy. As with all the moves they seem to make, from this to increasing the number of subs, they consistently act in a way that makes it harder to break the strangehold the richest clubs have over english football.

All very depressing.

can we not name Siggurdsson anymore?

He's all good now, apparently...

On 14 April 2023, Greater Manchester Police confirmed that no further action would be taken against Gylfi Sigurdsson. Gylfi's lawyer said that the player would not sue British authorities over the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.