Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at home/away splits this season, Norwich’s home record is 4 wins, 3 draws, 8 losses. So they only lose about half the time at home. Everton’s away record is 3 wins, 3 draws, 9 losses, so we rarely actually win away games.

Normally I’d say it’s hard to see past a draw, despite how winnable this game should be. But hopefully the empty stadium nullifies the home advantage and our talent wins out.

We really have to play for the win here, so strongest lineup is obviously the way to go, not sure we could have changed much. Hopefully we could be up by 3-0 with enough time to then throw Kean in for at least 30 minutes or so.

....things rarely turn out that way, especially where Everton are concerned. Norwich are coming off a bad defeat and are fighting for their lives. We had a tough game days ago.

I’d love this to be comfortable but I’m not expecting it to be.

never is. But we owe them they’re down and we have Carlo ;)

why would they throw a game when they’re trying to stay up?

No idea, but their lineup is baffling. Cantwell, Pukki and Buendia are their three players that have a little something in attack and they've all been benched. Maybe Farke is making a political point after coming into criticism by their fans and trying to show that he's making the decisions or something. Or, as I said, he's becoming desparate and just trying stuff. Keeping it at 0:0 until the break and then rolling out the big guns against a tiring defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.