No Subs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dno, but it was the correct decision by Moyes really, we were playing well, and a sub wouldve probably changed that.

Van Der Meyde wouldve been the only change - and if we brough him on despite having more attacking, he wouldnt have defended as well as Osman/Pienaar on the wing.

I was calling for VDM with about 10 minutes to go after Robinho went off for a bit more penetration but glad Moyes stuck to his guns.

It's strange in the sense a club away from home with a point or three to protect will get 5 minutes from time and usually run the clock down. Maybe Moyesy just forgot. He's not exactly Mr Astute with his subs.

Agreed.

I thought Pienaar was gassed and could have used a spell.

VDM would have been very good for the last 10 or 15 minutes.

is it a bit strange that we all actually andy van to come on.

No, hes class. Next Everton Hero - you'll see. Going to be top scorer this year with 13 goals, score the winner in the FA Cup final, and then drunkenly fall off the double decker bus in the Celebrations.

Think maybe had we not won Davey would have got a bit of stick for not making any changes....but we won, so the man's a genius for leaving it as it was ;).

What i like i am sure all of us cant fathom out, is why cant we perform at home like we do away this season. Yes, we deserved three points against Villa but fell asleep for a couple of goals that cost us, but we appear to be playing with more confidence and freedom away from Goodison Park. If the league table only counted for away wins, we would be in the top three by now.

I also thought it was the right decision to leave the team. I thought about possibly bringing on VDM for Osman, but that legend put that ball in for Timmy to score, so thank god I'm not the manager!

What i like i am sure all of us cant fathom out, is why cant we perform at home like we do away this season. Yes, we deserved three points against Villa but fell asleep for a couple of goals that cost us, but we appear to be playing with more confidence and freedom away from Goodison Park. If the league table only counted for away wins, we would be in the top three by now.

i missed the first half and my stream was spotty for most of the second, but i saw enough to notice something clearly: i can't remember the last time i'd seen individual players work that hard. i think this phenomenon can be explained by our players stepping up when their backs are against the wall. with no anichebe or any strikers for that matter, every player realized it was their responsibility to take control of the game, and they rose to the occassion.

maybe this also explains why we're playing better away, they know its a tough game so they take it seriously. also, the commentators noted that at times the away supporters were louder than the home ones, so any travelling toffees pat yourselves on the back!

i missed the first half and my stream was spotty for most of the second, but i saw enough to notice something clearly: i can't remember the last time i'd seen individual players work that hard. i think this phenomenon can be explained by our players stepping up when their backs are against the wall. with no anichebe or any strikers for that matter, every player realized it was their responsibility to take control of the game, and they rose to the occassion.

maybe this also explains why we're playing better away, they know its a tough game so they take it seriously. also, the commentators noted that at times the away supporters were louder than the home ones, so any travelling toffees pat yourselves on the back!

I think the debacle that was the summer and our start to the season has now been forgotten and the players and Moyes are just getting on with things.

As for subs, i think that while sometimes Moyes is frustrating with them a lot of times he gets them just right. Its always so easy to say after the final whistle that he should of made this sub and shouldn't of made that sub or should of made that sub earlier.

Yesterday he could of took of one of the players who looked tired for some fresh legs and we could of lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.