No Liverpool Player Would get into the Everton side!

Well ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoatJR

Best Young Poster On GOT.
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/no-liverpool-player-would-get-in-everton-side-ball

Do you agree?

Text copied here by moderator ...

Former Everton defender Michael Ball says there is “not one” Liverpool player he would want in the Toffees’ side right now.

Everton host Liverpool in the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park on Saturday on the back of four wins and two draws from their last six games in all competitions.

It has lifted Roberto Martinez’s side to fifth in the Premier League, one point and four places above their rivals – and Ball has tipped his former club to extend their lead with a ‘comfortable’ win.

“We are the form team, yet, as Evertonians will tell you, league position means little coming into a Merseyside derby,” Ball told the Liverpool Echo.

“But I can’t help shake the belief that this is our best chance for a long time to win a derby and win it comfortably.

“If we play at the top of our game then I can’t see this Liverpool side causing us many problems.

“They are scoring goals but they are leaking a lot and we can take advantage.

“It’s why I believe the Blues won’t have a better chance of winning a derby so comfortably in a while.

“There’s not one Liverpool player I would want in the Everton line-up.

“Daniel Sturridge is back, but how fit is he? Philippe Coutinho is their danger man but if we stop him and Sturridge then I think we’ll be in a strong position.

“Even without Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman, the form the rest of the lads have been in means I really fancy us to do the job on Sunday.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rbm
Coutinho is a good player,but I couldn't really see him adding to our midfield,in how we set up and play,Sturridge yeah,but bearing in mind if he came here his legs would just fall offlolMignolet possibly,they seem to hate him,and allowing for his errors on crosses,I've lost count of the games he has actually kept them in.

Would probably have Countinho and would gladly swap Sturridge for one of Kone or Naismith-if he could stay fit...
And Henderson, would be nice for an Everton player to be on the cover of FIFA

Personally;

Benteke
Strurridge
Can (like the lad to a certain degree)
Couthino
Milner (you know martinez would have him in a heartbeat)

A few but not an overwhelming amout lets be honest!

Well I don't think anyone would argue if we took Can, Milner or Henderson instead of Barry and Benteke or Sturridge instead of Kone. Wouldn't touch any of their defenders at all but Coutinho is a good player but not sure how he'd fit into our side unless we dropped Barkley which is a nono.

Can would be a great replacement for Barry.
Coutinho would be that Number 10 that everyone on this board wanted in the summer, as Ross playing deeper.
Sturridge for Kone, IF we play 2 strikers.

Personally;

Benteke
Strurridge
Can (like the lad to a certain degree)
Couthino
Milner (you know martinez would have him in a heartbeat)

A few but not an overwhelming amout lets be honest!

This:

don't know enough about the goalie, but he would probably edge out Robles and if he's has 5+yrs on Timbo he's got to be worth a go.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.