no. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say let somebody prove they're worthy of it not just give it away to someone who doesn't deserve it. Leave it free to give our strikers something to strive for. Not many men should be put on the same pedestal as Dixie, Hickson, Royle, Latchford, Young, Lawton, Sharp, Ferguson etc. and the number 9 at Everton Football Club should be an honour given to an exceptional centre forward for his service to us and at the moment nobody deserves it. Donovan got it because he asked for it, not because he was given it, he's a winger but knew the significance of the shirt so chose the number because it was vacant. If we start using our number 9 for wingers it would be like the RS using number 7 for their favourite full back, it goes against our own traditions. Number 9 has always been our top striker and number 5 our best centre back and i'd keep it that way, being a traditionalist and respecting our history.

Hope he does come back in January as was reported in the tabloids at the end of last season, i've never seen a player settle down so quickly in an Everton shirt and would love to see him back.
Hope the city link is a load of crap.

My opinion is that Donovan is the best possible signing Moyes could make in terms of fitting into our team straight away and getting along with the other players

only person capable of making this deal happen is landon, until he forces the move the MLs are in a strong position to knock back every offer that comes in.

regarding the no9 shirt for our best forward................i give you james beattie!!!

only person capable of making this deal happen is landon, until he forces the move the MLs are in a strong position to knock back every offer that comes in.

regarding the no9 shirt for our best forward................i give you james beattie!!!

I done some work with Beattie beards ago and he told me he'd got the number 9 shirt before it got out, he'd pleaded for it like.

Shame it didn't work out for him, nice lid that.

That is the only time I've been sauced in my entire life.

I done some work with Beattie beards ago and he told me he'd got the number 9 shirt before it got out, he'd pleaded for it like.

You're getting confused with me telling you I bought a jarg number 9 shirt ouside Beattie's in Birkenhead after pleading with me mar for the money

Beattie is very much hated down here which amuses me as he was dead good for saints and has been [Poor language removed] ever since!

He was a right druggy when he was down here too so I hear. (alledgedly!).

You're getting confused with me telling you I bought a jarg number 9 shirt ouside Beattie's in Birkenhead after pleading with me mar for the money

Hang on, yeah, you're right. It was that.

One day I'll get a sauce like.

Beattie is very much hated down here which amuses me as he was dead good for saints and has been [Poor language removed] ever since!

He was a right druggy when he was down here too so I hear. (alledgedly!).

He liked a bevvy, but this was out of season. Like I said, really genuine nice lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.