2017/18 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Vlasic still in?

I don't know whether to watch the NI Swiss game or Croatia Greece match.

Last edited:
Played yesterday for 15 mins, had 2 great passes... Croatia game has slowed down at that point (pity), so it was more or less just cruise to comfortable victory at that point...

Here is a small extract from today's papers when asked about current situation:

"Bilo je dobro na početku, poslije je promijenjen trener... Nisam razgovarao s novim trenerom zašto ne igram, to je profesionalizam: ne igraš - ne igraš, na klupi si i to je to, nema priče."

"It was good in the beginning, then the new coach came ... I didn't talk to him why I am not playing, thats how professional football is, no need to talk - if you don't play, you are on the bench - thats it - end of story."

So it seems no bad blood there...

I really do hope he doesn't have one of these entourages that get him in trouble via the media every international game like Lukaku used too. His agent was at it yesterday, just get on with thy football and keep shtum in the media.

We made yesterday his debut in an official match for croatian national team substituted in the 83. minute. Hope he will came back stronger und get more time in the next week. I believe he will perform great.

If it’s true that there were no injury issues, when he was totally left out, then that tells me all I need to know about Unsworth. Vlasic has played really well and is a dangerous player. Unsworth is obviously going for the easier option of players he knows. That’s a real weakness. We lost a player to West Ham because of Unsworth doing this. He’s now in the first team picture at West Ham because someone trusts his talent.

If it’s true that there were no injury issues, when he was totally left out, then that tells me all I need to know about Unsworth. Vlasic has played really well and is a dangerous player. Unsworth is obviously going for the easier option of players he knows. That’s a real weakness. We lost a player to West Ham because of Unsworth doing this. He’s now in the first team picture at West Ham because someone trusts his talent.
Which is a bit mad if you think about it because the "easiest" option is players who have been playing well in the first team(and there haven't been many of them this season, I can count on 2 fingers) stay in the first team. The kid is class. Really is, runs endlessly, gets mad at himself when he misplaces a pass! That's the kind of player you need in the team at this moment.

Which is a bit mad if you think about it because the "easiest" option is players who have been playing well in the first team(and there haven't been many of them this season, I can count on 2 fingers) stay in the first team. The kid is class. Really is, runs endlessly, gets mad at himself when he misplaces a pass! That's the kind of player you need in the team at this moment.
Agree. Needs to be playing him.

I really do hope he doesn't have one of these entourages that get him in trouble via the media every international game like Lukaku used too. His agent was at it yesterday, just get on with thy football and keep shtum in the media.
Agree with what you say.

But questions still need to be asked over why he isn't even getting a look in. He's been one of our better players this season, and is considered good enough by his country to be fast tracked to the senior quad who are, if we're honest, a level above our own national team.

Love the circle jerk around this lad, no one knows what he's like in training, what his attitude is like. I suspect that's the reason Rhino has frozen him out, same with Super Kev. Those comments about looking at the situation in Jan smack of someone who thinks he's bigger than the club, yet everyone loves him because he runs a lot

Love the circle jerk around this lad, no one knows what he's like in training, what his attitude is like. I suspect that's the reason Rhino has frozen him out, same with Super Kev. Those comments about looking at the situation in Jan smack of someone who thinks he's bigger than the club, yet everyone loves him because he runs a lot
You don't know anything either tbf. Unsworth seems to have frozen out players that he doesn't want. I highly doubt Sandro and Klassen are causing a ruckus in training camp, yet they are frozen out as well. Apologists are just as bad, if not worse than 'circle jerkers.' You'll find it very hard to argue that Vlasic has been one of the better players when on the pitch.

very weird stuff this

Status
Not open for further replies.