2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
More words from the lad

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogome...4df-Co_EtSI_5CS9KREKX3KdH8VS8IAX3jJt9bltXp6R8

Translation (according to some Croat off Reddit)

"Last summer Everton spent around 100 million pounds. Just 3 players (Richarlison, Mina and Digne) costed around 90 million pounds. Therefore, Everton is looking for big names whoplay in big clubs and in my opinion they'll do the same next season. Despite spending big amount of money Everton is currently sitting on 11th place and next summer they'll spend a lot again because I'm aware that there are aspirations in the club to become new Tottenham. It seems logical that they don't see me as a player who'll make them one of the best clubs in England. For something like that they'll count on players which cost around 50 million pounds hence I expect that they are going to sell me as soon as they get right offer."

More words from the lad

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogome...4df-Co_EtSI_5CS9KREKX3KdH8VS8IAX3jJt9bltXp6R8

"Last summer Everton spent around 100 million pounds. Just 3 players (Richarlison, Mina and Digne) costed around 90 million pounds. Therefore, Everton is looking for big names whoplay in big clubs and in my opinion they'll do the same next season. Despite spending big amount of money Everton is currently sitting on 11th place and next summer they'll spend a lot again because I'm aware that there are aspirations in the club to become new Tottenham. It seems logical that they don't see me as a player who'll make them one of the best clubs in England. For something like that they'll count on players which cost around 50 million pounds hence I expect that they are going to sell me as soon as they get right offer."

Bye then.

‘Costed’. Ffs.

More words from the lad

Do you believe that Everton will count on you in the set next season?

- Honestly, I do not believe.

Why?

- Everton spent about 100 million pounds on reinforcements last summer. Only three players - Richarlison, Minu, and Dignea - paid around 90 million. Everton is looking for big names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona, and so will, in my opinion, be found. Despite these huge investments, the team is currently in the 11th place, which means it will seek new big purchases because I know that they have decided firmly to try to be the new Tottenham to join the biggest clubs in the league. It is logical that it will be difficult for me to see a player with whom he will attack one of the top six places in the Premiership. For that, they will seek new reinforcements of 50 million pounds. So I expect them to sell me as soon as they receive the first offer that suits them.

OK, but behind you is a great season in CSKA?

- While I was in Everton, I'm well aware that the English are looking at all the European leagues except Premeirship, and I doubt anyone will impress what I've done in the Russian league. Russian or Croatian league, all of them are the same.

How are you looking at Days in Everton? Where was the problem?

- Everything changed after Koeman left. The football played at Big Sama was awful, if it could even be called football. I did not have the status or the minute, and if I did, I did not know if I should be lucky or poor because I would only run the race again and again in the field without any action and desire to play. In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by all, the fans mostly.

This season, Marco Silva raises a different, much nicer soccer, but no results. Had you been through the summer, maybe you could help?

- Personally, I have nothing to do with Silva, since he had known Everton since the end of last year that he would take over Everton and watch what he has in the team and he could not see me because I did not play. During the summer he brought some, and this is a very expensive player, and logically that he did not feel a lot of trouble with me. It is true that Everton did not make an expected breakthrough, but at least fans now look at the normal football in which the guys through the action are trying to score and win.

More words from the lad

Being a bit hard on himself? Thought he had a tad more arrogance than that. Think Silva will have a look at him and I am quite looking forward to seeing what he'll be like in pre season. I thought lookman came back twice the player since his loan.

I said at the time I saw no point in buying Vlasic, he wasn't what we needed nor did I even recognise him when he was against us, but If he goes we may get close to doubling the fee we paid for him. Also a bit weird if a player in the squad of the world cup finalists can't even get on our bench.

Do you believe that Everton will count on you in the set next season?

- Honestly, I do not believe.

Why?

- Everton spent about 100 million pounds on reinforcements last summer. Only three players - Richarlison, Minu, and Dignea - paid around 90 million. Everton is looking for big names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona, and so will, in my opinion, be found. Despite these huge investments, the team is currently in the 11th place, which means it will seek new big purchases because I know that they have decided firmly to try to be the new Tottenham to join the biggest clubs in the league. It is logical that it will be difficult for me to see a player with whom he will attack one of the top six places in the Premiership. For that, they will seek new reinforcements of 50 million pounds. So I expect them to sell me as soon as they receive the first offer that suits them.

OK, but behind you is a great season in CSKA?

- While I was in Everton, I'm well aware that the English are looking at all the European leagues except Premeirship, and I doubt anyone will impress what I've done in the Russian league. Russian or Croatian league, all of them are the same.

How are you looking at Days in Everton? Where was the problem?

- Everything changed after Koeman left. The football played at Big Sama was awful, if it could even be called football. I did not have the status or the minute, and if I did, I did not know if I should be lucky or poor because I would only run the race again and again in the field without any action and desire to play. In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by all, the fans mostly.

This season, Marco Silva raises a different, much nicer soccer, but no results. Had you been through the summer, maybe you could help?

- Personally, I have nothing to do with Silva, since he had known Everton since the end of last year that he would take over Everton and watch what he has in the team and he could not see me because I did not play. During the summer he brought some, and this is a very expensive player, and logically that he did not feel a lot of trouble with me. It is true that Everton did not make an expected breakthrough, but at least fans now look at the normal football in which the guys through the action are trying to score and win.
I like when he says what we played under Big Sam couldn’t even be called football. Bring him home Marco.

Shows no sign of actually wanting to stay, fight and try and get in to me.
Maybe not amidst the chaos and upheaval of last year, and the absolute dross we had at the club before the end of the transfer window, but maybe he's liking the style if play he sees now and would be more willing to play a part (if asked).

Status
Not open for further replies.