Niko Kranjcar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are set to miss out target Niko Kranjcar because of the club's financial situation.

Manager David Moyes wanted to take Kranjcar on loan in January because Tottenham’s £3million asking price for the Croatian international is beyond his club’s means.

But the player would prefer a permanent deal rather than a loan move after falling out of favour at White Hart Lane.

Bayern Munich, Newcastle and Liverpool have all been linked with the 26-year-old who also played for Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth.

Everton have £40m-worth of debts and Moyes accepts he will not be able to chase the big names in the transfer window, saying: ‘Our spending has been quite tight and relatively small compared to that of the Premier League.’

One player who looks certain to leave Everton next summer is out-of-contract Steven Pienaar. He is hopes to secure a pre-contract agreement in January with Inter Milan.

Admittedly from the Daily Fail, but surely -- surely, we can afford £3 million for Kranjcar? That's a steal, and as a replacement for Pienaar he could be worth a lot more than that to us.

So we have got £3m then?

Probably. Ask LCAB though. We won't say if we have, because as soon as we approach a club, with a bid who know what we got... they say...

"give me all your wedge please!"

Ask LCAB/Source.

You don't let the other side know what you have in any negotiation - until after it's concluded!

Well, if one were to do the math on Pienaar's contract: a raise of what is probably 25-35k/week for half a year has saved us approximately £1m. We've also sold Jukebox, lifted our wage bill off of Vaughany and signed a new sponsorship deal. £3m should definetly be something we can scrape together. Add to that i've yet to read a truthful article in the Mail this year (i think the worst one must've been linking us with Afellay the day after he signed with Barca), i'd say it's tosh. We should be able to afford Kranjcar even if we don't sell Heitinga this year. Looking forward till january. Even though we all know transfer window wrangling isn't Moyes' greatest strength. Admittably, that's Redknapp's territory.

Well, if one were to do the math on Pienaar's contract: a raise of what is probably 25-35k/week for half a year has saved us approximately £1m. We've also sold Jukebox, lifted our wage bill off of Vaughany and signed a new sponsorship deal. £3m should definetly be something we can scrape together. Add to that i've yet to read a truthful article in the Mail this year (i think the worst one must've been linking us with Afellay the day after he signed with Barca), i'd say it's tosh. We should be able to afford Kranjcar even if we don't sell Heitinga this year. Looking forward till january. Even though we all know transfer window wrangling isn't Moyes' greatest strength. Admittably, that's Redknapp's territory.

Moyes doesn't do the negotiations. He just identifies targets.

We are so hopelessly uselessly [Poor language removed].

A fairly quality player, available for £3m, and we cant even afford that.

*cries

Surely we could afford that! £3m extra debt won't be that bad, take a look at Man Utd their £700m 'n' odd in debt, we are far better off than most prem clubs. Come on Bill give moyes some money! This guy would be awesome for us

If he truly is going for 3m it would frankly be commercial suicide NOT to acquire him, even if we need somekind of short term finance. For me he's a player worth 6-7m. Would replace Pienaar well and chip in with more goals than Pienaar does.

If he did sign we'd at least know he wanted to be here, unlike our greedy south african player.

There would be competition for him I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.