Nigel Martyn - TMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Gary Neville being on it a couple of years ago , gave a really good interview .
Him and pointy Phil were very good cricketers but had to keep it from Alex Ferguson until he hit 100 and made it to the Manchester Evening News .
Ferguson hauled them both in and told them to make a choice , cricket or football .

If only.........

By a mile too... just nev was 10 miles better than him
Yeah but Nev was a freak of nature;)lolJust wish we hadn't sent Nigel packing to Leeds when we had him pretty much signed and sealed all those years before we finally got him, superb keeper,I remember him making an error at Bolton which cost us the game, thought this will affect him, no way as with all top pro's he just got on with it and next game was back to his best, remember the game at the pit when he virtually singlehandedly got us a point?Top fella too and has brought his kids up as Evertonians although we were probably the shortest pit stop in his career:)

Superb keeper...My favourite after Southall and West.... underrated guy in our history ...if only his outfield players had been as good...

Status
Not open for further replies.